This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Not to be confused with actress Erika Anderson.
|Residence||New York City and West Park, New York|
|Growing Great Employees (2006)|
Being Strategic (2009)
Leading So People Will Follow (2012)
Be Bad First (2016)
Erika Andersen (born in Omaha, Nebraska) is an American author and the founding partner of the consulting firm, Proteus. Erika is an international speaker and has been featured in business publications including The Harvard Business Review, The Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, Fortune, and Investor's Business Daily.
Books and other media
Andersen is the author of Growing Great Employees: Turning Ordinary People into Extraordinary Performers (Portfolio, 2006), which was a finalist in both the 800CEOREAD Awards and the Axiom Business Book Awards for Best Business Book of 2007 in the HR and Organizational Development category. It was also ranked as one of the "99 Best Business Books" recommended for the Personal MBA, and was reviewed on Soundview Executive Book Summaries.
Andersen's second book was Being Strategic: Plan for Success, Out-think Your Competitors, Stay Ahead of Change (St. Martins, 2009), which was adapted into a public television special which she wrote and hosted, Being Strategic with Erika Andersen. Being Strategic was also reviewed on Soundview Executive Book Summaries. Andersen was invited to summarize the core concepts of the book by Forbes on their Leadership forum.
Andersen is also the author of Leading So People Will Follow (Jossey-Bass, October 2012), which explores the six core leadership attributes that inspire followers to support their leaders. Leading So People Will Follow is an international best seller, ranking #3 in the top U.S. business books in China, and has been listed as one of the top ten business best sellers in India. It was listed as a best-seller on Jack Covert Selects - 800CEOREAD. It also tied for Gold Medal honors in the leadership category of the 2013 Axiom Business Book Awards.
Erika Andersen is a business blogger at Forbes.com and also blogs at erikaandersen.com. She has spoken at the Inc 500 Conference. She has been featured in media interviews on Industry Week, and in podcasts for broadcasters such as WKXL's Bill Kearny, and podcasters like Moe Abdou of 33voices. Andersen is also an annual speaker at the Women in Cable Telecommunications workshops and seminars.
In 2014, Andersen was voted a Top5 Speaker in the Management/Business category of Speakers Platform, which recognizes five professionals within ten popular topic areas each year.
In 2016, Andersen's book, Be Bad First: Get Good at Things Fast to Stay Ready for the Future, was ranked among the top business books by Women@Work, and received the Editor's Choice from 800CEOREAD.
- "Learning to Learn". 1 March 2016.
- Porter, Jane. The Wall Street Journal "New Job, Same Firm: Learning the Ropes".
- Alboher, Marci. The New York Times "Friday's Links: How to Talk (or Not Talk) About Salary, and Other Interviewing Pointers".
- Elmer, Vickie. Fortune Magazine "Coaching is hot. Is it right for you?".
- Mink, Michael. Investors Business Daily "Effective Leadership Produces Enthusiastic Followers".
- "Announcing the Results of the First Annual Axiom Business Book Awards". Independent Publisher - feature.
- Kaufman, Josh. "Growing Great Employees - Erika Andersen - The Personal MBA". personalmba.com.
- "Growing Great Employees - Erika Andersen - Soundview Book Review". www.summary.com.
- "The Path to the Castle – Soundview Magazine". blog.summary.com.
- Andersen, Erika. "The Basics Of Being Strategic About Change".
- "Business Books TOP FIVE US (May 24, 2013)". www.shanghaidaily.com.
- Team, Strategist (10 December 2012). "The top 10 business bestsellers" – via Business Standard.
- "Leading So People Will Follow". 800ceoread.com.
- "Announcing Results of the 6th Annual Axiom Business Book Awards". Independent Publisher - feature.
- "Innovation From The Ground Up". 4 March 2007.
- "Financial Spectrum for October 18, 2012". 19 October 2012.
- "How to Think & Plan Strategically". www.wict.org.
- "Top5 Speaker Honorees for 2014 - SPEAKING.com Speakers Bureau".
- "Book Smart".
- "Be Bad First: Get Good at Things Fast to Stay Ready for the Future".