July 10, 1971 |
|Other names||Erika Girardi|
|Education||North Atlanta High School for the Performing Arts|
|Television||The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills|
|Spouse(s)||Thomas Girardi (m. 1999-present)|
Erika Jayne (born July 10,1971) also known by her married name Erika Girardi, is an American singer-songwriter, dancer and television personality. Since 2007, she's had a total of eight number one singles on the U.S. Billboard Hot Dance Club Play chart. In 2015, she was cast in the sixth season of the reality television series The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills.
Jayne attended North Atlanta High School for the Performing Arts. She was raised in Atlanta by her single mother, a classically trained pianist. She began taking ballet lessons from an early age. She won the "Best Little Performer" award in her dance class at the age of 5. Jayne said in an interview that her "first performance was singing Dolly Parton's "9 to 5" in the third grade school talent show. I knew I wanted to be a performer." At 18, she moved to New York City. Shortly after she got married to her first husband and gave birth to a son. When her son was 3 years old, she left him with his father and moved to Los Angeles to pursue her dream of becoming a singer and performer. She met her current husband, famed lawyer Tom Girardi, while waiting tables.
Jayne started her career in the 1990s by appearing in small roles in several film and television productions, including High Incident, Lowball and Alchemy. Staying true to her love of music, Jayne's first dance music single "Rollercoaster" was released on January 1, 2007. The song placed at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot Dance Club Play chart. Jayne's debut album Pretty Mess, was released in the United States on August 11, 2009. Jayne also co-wrote several songs on her album. The other singles from the album were "Stars", "Give You Everything" and "Pretty Mess". The album spawned a total of four US number-one singles. She released three different music video versions of "Give You Everything". The music videos were directed by feature film director Marty Thomas. Jayne supported the release of Pretty Mess with tour dates and appearances at festivals and clubs across the United States. In November 2010, Jayne announced the creation of her own record label, Pretty Mess Records.
In November 2011, she released her No. 1 single "Party People (Ignite the World)". Music critics gave the song positive reviews. In 2012, she recorded "All Things Aside", that was released for the soundtrack to comedy film The Watch starring Ben Stiller and Vince Vaughn. Her music has also been featured in films, such as The Neighbor, Deal and reality television show Toddlers and Tiaras. In 2013, she released a single featuring American rapper Flo Rida, "Get it Tonight". The music video for the song garnered over three million views on YouTube and was well received by fans. In September 2014, Jayne achieved her seventh number one dance single with "PAINKILLR". The single "Crazy", featuring Maino was released on February 15, 2015. The song was produced by Scott Storch and Mikey Minden served as a music video director. A music video for the song features Jayne dancing in an underground club with an entourage of dancers. She has a new album in the works through a joint venture with Pretty Mess Records and New Nation Live label, distributed by Universal. Jayne released her latest single "How Many Fucks?" on April 19, 2016.
In 2015, she joined the cast of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills for the show's sixth season. She soon became a fan favorite on the show and her appearance was well-received by the public. It was reported in June 2016, that Jayne is returning for the show's seventh season. She is set to appear in the science fiction television film Sharknado: The 4th Awakens (2016).
In addition to acting and singing, Jayne contributes to various humanitarian causes.
She has been named a dance-pop diva and dance sensation by the public. Described as being "sassy, fun and provocative" when performing on stage, Jayne has said that she originally created the alter ego "Erika Jayne" to keep that stage persona separate from who she really is. She described Erika Jayne as being "a fantasy character", despite being "a real part of me, but not 24 hours a day." She has appeared on several magazine editorials and front covers, including Billboard, LGBT Weekly and VanityHype. Jayne's stage performances and travels have also been created into a book by photographer Marco Bollinger.
Jayne supports LGBT community worldwide and "feels at home with the community". She is considered a gay icon, and the gay community has embraced her as a pop culture icon. She often performs at LGBT events and festivals. Jayne has received praise for her stage presence and voice during live performances.
In 1999, Jayne got married to attorney Thomas Girardi, a founding partner of Girardi & Keese in downtown Los Angeles. They live in Pasadena. She is good friends with her The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills co-star Yolanda Hadid.
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart or were not released in that territory.|
|2007||"Roller Coaster"||1||Pretty Mess|
|2009||"Give You Everything"||1|
|"One Hot Pleasure"||1||non-album single|
|2011||"Party People (Ignite the World)"||1|
|2013||"Get it Tonight"
(featuring Flo Rida)
|2016||"How Many Fucks?"||6||TBA|
|2009||"Just a Phase" (Retro Version)||The Neighbor (Music from the Motion Picture)|
|2012||"All Things Aside"||The Watch Original Motion Picture Soundtrack|
|1996||High Incident||Cindy Butterworth||Credited as Erika Chahoy|
|The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills||Herself||Main Cast|
|2015||Fashion News Live||Herself||Episode: "#21.3"|
|Hollywood Today Live||Herself||Episode: " Jodie Sweetin, Erika Jayne, Cas Anvar"|
|2016||Watch What Happens: Live!||Herself||Episode: "Erika Girardi Plays 'Erika Jayne, Can You Explain?'"|
|1995||Alchemy||Kitty||Credited as Erica Chanoy|
|1996||Lowball||Kate||Credited as Erika Chahoy|
|2016||Sharknado: The 4th Awakens||TBA|
- List of number-one dance hits (United States)
- List of artists who reached number one on the U.S. Dance chart
- List of number one dance airplay hits (United States)
- List of artists who reached number one on the U.S. dance airplay chart
- Agard, Chancellor (December 15, 2015). "Newest Beverly Hills Housewives Erika Girardi Teases Run-In with Bethenny Frankel: She 'Kind of Let Me Have It'". People. Retrieved December 16, 2015.
- "Erika Girardi Biography". Bravo. Bravo TV. 2015. Retrieved January 17, 2016.
- "Amazon.com: Erika Jayne: Pretty Mess: Music". Retrieved 11 March 2015.
- "» EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Erika Jayne - Celebrity VIP Lounge". Retrieved 11 March 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on April 22, 2012. Retrieved December 16, 2011.
- "Hot Dance Club Songs". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media, Inc. September 28, 2014. Retrieved September 18, 2014.
- "Erika Jayne Debuts Music Video For Crazy". WetPaint. March 12, 2015. Retrieved January 17, 2016.
- papermagazine. "Erika Jayne Doesn't Give a F*** in Her Latest Video". PAPERMAG. Retrieved 2016-04-30.
- Times, Los Angeles. "A conversation with 'Real Housewives' star Erika Girardi, our latest reality TV obsession". latimes.com. Retrieved 2016-05-01.
- "Why Erika Girardi Is Our New Fave on RHOBH". E! Online. Retrieved 2016-04-30.
- Meet new Real Housewife Dance-pop Diva Erika Jayne Daily Mail. January 29, 2016
- Erika Jayne Interview Chicago Go Pride. Retrieved January 29, 2016
- "Even Erika Girardi Confuses Herself with Her Erika Jayne Alter Ego". Bravo TV Official Site. 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2016-05-01.
- Erika Jayne Book March 12, 2016
- "INSIDE ISSUE 16: ERIKA JAYNE". VanityHype magazine.
- 5 Things to Know About Erika Jayne She Knows. January 29, 2016
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on February 2, 2016. Retrieved January 27, 2016.
- Llewellyn, Mallory (2016-04-21). "Erika Jayne Is Smarter Than You Think". Galore. Retrieved 2016-04-30.
- "Erika Jayne Album & Song Chart History - Dance/Club Play Songs". Billboard. Retrieved April 2, 2015.
- "Dance Club Songs – Week-ending January 26, 2008". Billboard. January 26, 2008. Retrieved August 14, 2015.
- "Dance Club Songs – Week-ending August 08, 2009". Billboard. August 8, 2009. Retrieved August 14, 2015.