Erin Barrett (b. 1969) is an author, trivia writer, and life coach. She and her husband Jack Mingo are co-founders and co-writers of the Ask Jeeves series of trivia books which published selected "questions as they flowed, unedited, into the well-known Web site". They also write for Who Wants to be a Millionaire? and have generated over 30,000 trivia questions for online games. Barrett has a decade of work within the wine industry.
Barrett grew up in South East Asia. She attended Samford University and has a BA in Humanities from the New College of California. She lives with her husband Jack Mingo in Alameda, California. They have three kids, his daughter from a previous marriage and her sons, and two cats.
Works and Publications
- Cause of Death: A Perfect Little Guide to What Kills Us (2009) ISBN 1416554793
- Random Kinds Of Factness: 1001(or So) Absolutely True Tidbits About (Mostly) Everything (2005) ISBN 1573242128
- Just Curious about Science, Jeeves (2003) ISBN 0743427114
- It Takes a Certain Type to be a Writer: Facts from the World of Writing and Publishing (2003) ISBN 1573247227
- Just Curious About History, Jeeves (2002) ISBN 0743427092
- Just Curious About Animals and Nature, Jeeves (2002) ISBN 0743427106
- Doctors Killed George Washington: Hundreds of Fascinating Facts from the World of Medicine (2002) ISBN 1573247197
- Not Another Apple for the Teacher: Hundreds of Fascinating Facts from the World of Education (2002) ISBN 1573247235
- Just Curious, Jeeves: What Are the 1001 Most Intriguing Questions Asked on the Internet? (2000) ISBN 193010801X
- "Waiting For the Check From Fiji". SFGate. 2000-06-23. Retrieved 2019-01-11.
- "It Takes a Certain Type to Be a Writer". OverDrive. Retrieved 2019-01-11.
- Barrett, Erin (2002). Dracula was a lawyer : hundreds of fascinating facts from the world of law. Conari Press. p. 217. ISBN 1573247189.
- Baedeker, Rob (2010-01-18). "The intentional renters: An Alameda couple reflects on the hidden costs of home ownership". SFGate. Retrieved 2019-01-11.
- "Erin Barrett". LinkedIn. Retrieved 11 January 2019.
- "Bees Make the Best Pets: All the Buzz about Being Resilient, Collaborative, Industrious, Generous, and Sweet-Straight from the Hive Mingo, Jack". OpenTrolley Bookstore Singapore. 2018-12-31. Retrieved 2019-01-11.