October 9, 1973
|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Spouse(s)||Chris Uettwiller (2009–present; 2 children)|
Daniels was born Erin Cohen in St. Louis, Missouri, where she grew up. Her father was an architect and her mother was a clinical social worker. She grew up in a Jewish family; her mother co-founded the Central Reform Congregation in St. Louis and her grandmother received an award from the National Conference of Christians and Jews. She attended Clayton High School and Vassar College, graduating from the latter in 1995 after majoring in art.
After Vassar, she moved to New York City, where she studied with William Esper, a protégé of Sanford Meisner, and worked Off Broadway. She then moved to Los Angeles for a part on the short-lived TV series Action.
In 2002, the St. Louis Film Festival awarded Daniels the Emerging Star Award. She appeared in One Hour Photo, Wheelmen, and House of 1000 Corpses before becoming a major cast member of Showtime's The L Word. Her depiction of Dana Fairbanks on that show prompted an anonymous donation of a million dollars to the Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation, an organization that promotes and funds breast cancer intraductal research.
She played the role of The Mother in Joshua Tree, 1951: A Portrait of James Dean.
Daniels married producer Chris Uettwiller in 2008. They are currently living in Los Angeles with their two children; a son born 2009 and a daughter born 2012.
|1998||USMA West Point||Christine Davis||TV movie|
|1999||Flushed||as Erin Cohen|
|Chill Factor||Medic #2|
|2000||The Disciples||Lisa Johnson||TV movie|
|2002||One Hour Photo||Maya Burson|
|2003||House of 1000 Corpses||Denise Willis|
|2009||A Single Man||Bank Teller|
|2010||Starlight Inn||Katherine Sellwood||short|
|2011||The Sitter||Mrs. Pedulla|
|2012||Like Father||Ali Miller||TV movie|
|Pull the Trigger, Mr. Wicker||Raphaella||short|
|Joshua Tree, 1951: A Portrait of James Dean||Roommate's Mother|
|2013||The Bling Ring||Shannon|
|1996||Law & Order||Miss Stadler||Guest Appearance|
|1999||The Outer Limits||Barbara Chafey||Guest Appearance|
|2001||Jack & Jill||Becky Hart|
|2004-2007||The L Word||Dana Fairbanks||Main Character|
|2006||Julie Reno, Bounty Hunter||Julie Reno||Unaired Pilot|
|2007||CSI: NY||Det. Brennan|
|2007||Big Shots||Rebecca Parks|
|2007||Saving Grace||Asst. D.A. Morgan Byer|
|2009||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Schuyler|
|2011||Rizzoli & Isles||Kate|
- A ‘Blue’ (State) Role Archived 2009-07-15 at the Wayback Machine, a February 2005 article from The Jewish Week
- Bloom, Nate (December 8, 2011). "Jewish Stars 12/16". Cleveland Jewish News.
Born Erin Cohen in St. Louis, Daniels is instantly recognizable to fans of the former Showtime series "The L Word"
- Benjamin Morse (2006). "Dana Lives". Vassar Alumni Quarterly. Archived from the original on October 10, 2007. Retrieved January 16, 2008.
- Erin Daniels on IMDb
- "Top 10 Offscreen Horror Kills We Wish We'd Seen!". BloodyDisgusting.
- Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation Receives $1 Million Dollar Donation..., from the foundation's website
- About the Foundation / Our Vision & Research scissors from the website of the Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation
- "JOSHUA TREE, 1951: A PORTRAIT OF JAMES DEAN | Written and Directed by Matthew Mishory". www.joshuatree1951.com. Retrieved 2017-04-15.
- "Action". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 2017-04-14.
- "Boomtown". TVGuide.com. Retrieved 2017-04-14.
- "EXCLUSIVE: "DTLA" star Erin Daniels talks missing "The L Word" and working with Emma Watson - AfterEllen". AfterEllen. 2012-10-31. Retrieved 2017-04-14.
- "Erin Daniels headlines Fox pilot ˜Julie Reno, Bounty Hunter' - Media Life Magazine". medialifemagazine.com. Retrieved 2017-04-15.
- ""Rizzoli & Isles" Subtext Recap (2.13): Having a good-looking LLBFF is the best revenge - Page 3 of 9 - AfterEllen". AfterEllen. 2011-12-15. Retrieved 2017-04-15.