October 9, 1973
St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Chris Uettwiller (2009-present; 2 children)|
Erin Daniels (born October 9, 1973) is an American actress. She is known for her role as Dana Fairbanks on The L Word (2004–2007). Her feature film work includes A Single Man, One Hour Photo, and Joshua Tree, 1951: A Portrait of James Dean.
Daniels was born Erin Cohen in St. Louis, Missouri, where she grew up. Her father was an architect and her mother was a clinical social worker. She grew up in a Jewish family; her mother co-founded the Central Reform Congregation in St. Louis and her grandmother received an award from the National Conference of Christians and Jews. She attended Clayton High School and Vassar College, graduating from the latter in 1995 after majoring in art.
After Vassar, she moved to New York City, where she studied with William Esper, a protégé of Sanford Meisner, and worked Off Broadway. She then moved to Los Angeles for a part on the short-lived TV series Action.
In 2002, the St. Louis Film Festival awarded Daniels the Emerging Star Award. She appeared in One Hour Photo, Wheelmen, and House of 1000 Corpses before becoming a cast member of Showtime's The L Word. Her depiction of Dana Fairbanks on that show prompted an anonymous donation of a million dollars to the Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation, an organization that promotes and funds breast cancer intraductal research.
Daniels married producer Chris Uettwiller in 2008. They are currently living in Los Angeles with their two children; a son born 2009 and a daughter born 2012.
|1998||USMA West Point||Christine Davis||TV movie|
|1999||Flushed||as Erin Cohen|
|Chill Factor||Medic #2|
|2000||The Disciples||Lisa Johnson||TV movie|
|2002||One Hour Photo||Maya Burson|
|2003||House of 1000 Corpses||Denise Willis|
|2009||A Single Man||Bank Teller|
|2010||Starlight Inn||Katherine Sellwood||short|
|2011||The Sitter||Mrs. Pedulla|
|2012||Like Father||Ali Miller||TV movie|
|Pull the Trigger, Mr. Wicker||Raphaella||short|
|Joshua Tree, 1951: A Portrait of James Dean||Roommate's Mother|
|2013||The Bling Ring||Shannon|
- 1996: Law & Order as Miss Stadler (1 episode)
- 1999: The Outer Limits as Barbara Chafey (1 episode, "Joyride")
- 1999: Action as Jenny (4 episodes)
- 2000: V.I.P. as Die Bodyguards (1 episode)
- 2001: Jack & Jill as Becky Hart (1 episode)
- 2001: Philly as Nicole Gilbert (1 episode)
- 2003: Boomtown as Karen Crane (4 episodes)
- 2004-2007: The L Word as Dana Fairbanks (39 episodes)
- 2006: Julie Reno, Bounty Hunter as Julie Reno (1 episode)
- 2006: Love Monkey as Dana (1 episode)
- 2006: Dexter as Rita's Neighbor (1 episode, "Let's Give the Boy a Hand")
- 2006: Justice as Betsy Harrison (3 episodes)
- 2007: Jericho as Maggie (2 episodes)
- 2007: Big Shots as Rebecca Parks (1 episode)
- 2007: CSI: NY as Det. Brennan (1 episode)
- 2007: Saving Grace as Asst. D.A. Morgan Byers (1 episode)
- 2008: Swingtown as Sylvia Davis (4 episodes)
- 2009: CSI: Crime Scene Investigation as Schuyler (1 episode)
- 2011: Rizzoli & Isles as Kate (1 episode)
- 2013: Maron as Female Vet (1 episode)
- 2015: Stalker as Lauren (1 episode)
- A ‘Blue’ (State) Role, a February 2005 article from The Jewish Week
- Benjamin Morse (2006). "Dana Lives". Vassar Alumni Quarterly. Retrieved January 16, 2008.
- Erin Daniels at the Internet Movie Database
- "Top 10 Offscreen Horror Kills We Wish We'd Seen!". BloodyDisgusting.
- Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation Receives $1 Million Dollar Donation..., from the foundation's website
- About the Foundation / Our Vision & Research scissors from the website of the Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation