In Los Angeles during August 2008
Erin Ashley Mackey|
June 19, 1986
Fullerton, California, U.S.
Stanton Nash (m. 2009)
Life and career
Mackey was born in Fullerton, California. She was spotted by a manager at Fullerton Children's Repertory Theater, and offered the opportunity to audition professionally for film and TV. Her first was for Disney's The Parent Trap. In 1999, she played Jenna in "You're Invited to Mary-Kate & Ashley's Fashion Party".
In 2004, after graduating from Fullerton Union High School, she decided to continue to pursue her passion for theater, attending Carnegie Mellon University. From 2006 until 2010, she played the role of Glinda in various productions of the musical Wicked.
After Wicked, she starred in the new Broadway musical Sondheim on Sondheim, which began previews at Studio 54 on March 19, 2010 and officially opened on April 22. The show ended its limited engagement on June 27, 2010. She was also seen in the York Theatre production of I Remember Mama, which ran October 8–10, 2010.
In June 2011, Mackey played the role of Lucy Steele in the reading of a new musical based on Jane Austen's Sense & Sensibility. Mackey succeeded Laura Osnes as Hope Harcourt in the Broadway revival of Anything Goes on September 13, 2011.
Mackey originated the role of Oona O'Neill in the 2012 Broadway production of Chaplin. She played the role of Christine in the 2013 Pittsburgh CLO production of Phantom. Mackey's other theater include Clara Johnson in the 2014 South Coast Repertory Theatre production of The Light in Piazza, Johanna in the New York Philharmonic's March 2014 concert of Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, and Esign Nellie Forbush in the 2014 Paper Mill Playhouse production of South Pacific. She starred as Mary Catlett in the world premiere of the musical, Amazing Grace from October to November 2014 playing a role she would later reprise on Broadway. From November 2016 through April 2017, Mackey starred on Broadway in the a cappella musical In Transit. She is playing Dot in the Guthrie Theater's 2017 production of Sunday in the Park with George.
After her freshman year of college, Mackey auditioned for the musical Wicked and was offered a role as a swing on the national touring production. After appearing on tour for several months, she was offered a role in the Chicago company as an ensemble member and understudy for the role of Glinda. After six months, she succeeded Stacie Morgain Lewis in the role on October 24, 2006. She starred opposite Kristy Cates and later Dee Roscioli in the co-lead role of Elphaba. She left the Chicago production at the end of her contract on April 13, 2008, and was replaced by Kate Fahrner.
She then transferred to the Los Angeles production, replacing Megan Hilty as Glinda from May 20, 2008, and starred opposite Teal Wicks as Elphaba through September 28, 2008. In 2009, she married former co-star Stanton Nash, who starred alongside her in Chicago as Boq.
In her Broadway debut, she reprised the role of Glinda beginning August 11, 2009, replacing Alli Mauzey. She starred alongside former co-star Dee Roscioli as Elphaba. She gave her final performance as Glinda to date on January 10, 2010. She was succeeded by Katie Rose Clarke.
|1998||The Parent Trap||Hallie/Annie Double|
|1999||You're Invited to Mary-Kate & Ashley's Fashion Party||Jenna||Video|
|2002||Family Affair||Patricia||Episode: "No Small Parts"|
|2002||Do Over||Bonnie||Episode: "Halloween Kiss"|
|2003||Greetings from Tucson||Erica||Episode: "Ball and Chain"|
|2010||Blue Bloods||Rachel||Episode: "Re-Do"|
|2012||Gossip Girl||Casting Assistant||Episode: "Salon of the Dead"|
|2006-2010||Wicked||Swing, Ensemble, u/s Glinda, Glinda (v. productions)|
|2010||Sondheim on Sondheim||Performer|
|2011||Anything Goes||Hope Harcourt|
|2014–2015||Amazing Grace||Mary Catlett|
|2017||Sunday in the Park with George||Dot|
- Hodgins, Paul."Erin Mackey of O.C. having a 'Wicked' good time," ocregister.com, June 13, 2008
- Sondheim on Sondheim Extends Broadway Run playbill.com
- Howard McGillin, George S. Irving, Erin Mackey and More Cast in Mufti I Remember Mama Archived 2010-10-07 at the Wayback Machine.
- Reading of Sense & Sensibility Musical Featured Christiane Noll, Sebastian Arcelus, Brandi Burkhardt
- Hope Springs Eternal: Erin Mackey Will Be New Ingenue of Anything Goes Archived 2011-09-15 at the Wayback Machine.
- Jenn Colella, Michael McCormick, Christiane Noll Join Broadway's CHAPLIN- Full Cast Announced! Retrieved May 6, 2013
- Pittsburgh CLO Summer Season Features 42nd Street, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Phantom and The Little Mermaid Archived 2013-05-06 at the Wayback Machine. Retrieved May 6, 2013
- South Coast Rep's Light in the Piazza Will Star Patti Cohenour, David Burnham and Erin Mackey Retrieved January 10, 2014
- Christian Borle, Philip Quast, Erin Mackey and More Join NY Philharmonic's Sweeney Todd with Emma Thompson and Bryn Terfel playbill, Retrieved March 11, 2014
- Erin Mackey, Jason Howard, Loretta Ables Sayre & More to Star in Paper Mill Playhouse's SOUTH PACIFIC; Full Cast Announced broadwayworld.com, Retrieved March 11, 2014
- Broadway-Bound Musical Amazing Grace, Starring Josh Young, Opens in Chicago Playbill, Retrieved November 2, 2014
- Viagas, Robert. "Telly Leung, Justin Guarini Among Cast of A Cappella Broadway Musical 'In Transit'" Playbill, Retrieved August 30, 2016
- BWW News Desk. "Randy Harrison and Erin Mackey to Paint a Picture in Guthrie's SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE" Broadway World, Retrieved May 4, 2017
- BWW News Desk."Erin Mackey is Chicago's New Glinda, October 24," broadwayworld.com, October 24, 2006
- Gans, Andrew.Chicago Wicked Welcomes a New Glinda Oct. 24," playbill.com, October 24, 2006
- Gans, Andrew."Federer to Return to Broadway's Wicked; Mackey to Join Cast", playbill.com, August 5, 2009
- Katie Rose Clarke Begins Performances as Glinda in WICKED 1/12/2010
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Erin Mackey.|