McLeod in Chicago Red Stars vs Boston Breakers, June 2013
|Full name||Erin Katrina McLeod|
|Date of birth||February 26, 1983|
|Place of birth||St. Albert, Alberta, Canada|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 9 in)|
|2003–2004||Penn State Nittany Lions|
|2013||Chicago Red Stars||16||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of May 23, 2015.
Erin Katrina McLeod (born February 26, 1983) is a Canadian soccer player. She is a member of the Canada women's national soccer team and currently plays for Houston Dash in the National Women's Soccer League. She is also a Right To Play ambassador.
Erin McLeod was born in St. Albert, Alberta. Both of her parents were born in Victoria, British Columbia. She moved with her family to Indonesia, but then moved back to Calgary to live with her grandmother. She was four years old when she first played soccer for St. Albert. Her favourite sportspeople and teams have included Wayne Gretzky, Mark Messier and the Edmonton Oilers. She has a tattoo on her forearm representing her immediate family ("V"). She shaped and coloured her hairstyle (red and white) before the FIFA U-19 Women's World Championship Canada 2002 final. As a youth player in 2002, McLeod was noted by the FIFA U-19 Women's World Championship Technical Study Group (”self-assured in all situations, good positioning, organized defence well”) and as part of the Canadian Soccer Association's Centennial Celebration in 2012, was honoured on the All-Time Canada XI women's team.
Southern Methodist University
McLeod attended Southern Methodist University and played for the Mustangs from 2001 to 2002. McLeod was named to the NSCAA Central All-Region team in both years. She was also named first team All-Conference in both seasons. After her sophomore year she transferred to Penn State.
Penn State University
McLeod attended Penn State University.
McLeod was the starting goalkeeper for the Canada national team at the 2007 World Cup and 2008 Beijing Olympics. McLeod was also the starting goalkeeper for the national team at the 2002 FIFA U-19 Women's World Championship.
McLeod made her first appearance for the national team in 2002 and played two of the team's three matches at the 2007 World Cup, where the team went out in the group stage. She also played every match in the qualifying campaign for the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
McLeod became an Olympic medalist on August 9, 2012, after playing in goal for Canada against France in the bronze-medal match in the 2012 Summer Olympics, a match Canada won 1–0 in the final seconds.
Outside of professional soccer
McLeod is an investor and brand ambassador of Peau de Loup, a button down shirt company. On 4 November 2015, McLeod appeared on the business reality show Dragons' Den presenting her company and getting a deal.
- 2015 World Cup
- "Athletes for Hope". Yahoo!. Retrieved July 28, 2012.
- "Erin McLeod profile". CanadaSoccer. Retrieved September 28, 2010.
- "Canadian international Melissa Tancredi off to Chicago of the NWSL". Winnipeg Free Press. Retrieved January 9, 2014.
- "football women results - Football - London 2012 Olympics". www.olympic.org. Retrieved 2015-05-21.
- Masar, Ella (March 17, 2015). "Ella Masar: LOVE - Entry #25". http://www.pitchsidereport.com. Retrieved March 17, 2015.
- "The love of my life said "I do"... @emasar3 you are all my reasons- plus your initials don't change;) win win?".
- Official website
- Erin McLeod profile at Houston Dash
- Erin McLeod – FIFA competition record
- Canada Soccer player profile
- Chicago Red Stars player profile
- Erin McLeod on Twitter