Erin Kathleen McPike
June 28, 1983
|Alma mater||American University|
|Known for||Current, White House Correspondent for Independent Journal Review|
Former, Correspondent for CNN
Former, Reporter for RealClearPolitics
Former, Reporter, NBC News
Former, Reporter and Writer, National Journal
Erin Kathleen McPike (born June 28, 1983) is a public relations executive for Facebook. She started her career as a political consultant and journalist. She has worked for CNN, NBC News, National Journal, and RealClearPolitics.
Early life and education
She was born on June 28, 1983, in Cincinnati, Ohio, the daughter of Richard and Amy McPike (née, Burrill), where she graduated from Sycamore High School in 2001. McPike obtained her baccalaureate with honors from American University in Washington, D.C. in 2005, majoring in political science and journalism.
She started her journalism career at National Journal, where she was a writer, and moved on to NBC News, being a reporter for the network. McPike went back to National Journal, where she served as their political reporter. Her next position was national political reporter for RealClearPolitics, before going on to CNN as a correspondent for the channel. She later worked on the press team for former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz as he explored an independent presidential campaign.
- "IJR Adds Veteran Reporter Erin McPike as White House Correspondent". Independent Journal Review. February 5, 2017. Retrieved February 5, 2017.
- Muller, Sandra (February 29, 2016). "Ubiquitous Erin McPike Moves to CNN". American Journalism Review. Retrieved April 6, 2016.
- Patrick (March 22, 2007). "Erin McPike: The FishbowlDC Interview". Adweek. Retrieved April 6, 2016.
- "Erin Kathleen McPike (b. 1983)". Ohio Birth Records. Retrieved April 6, 2016.
- Byers, Dylan (January 22, 2013). "CNN hires RCP's Erin McPike". Politico. Retrieved April 6, 2016.
- Stein, Sam (February 1, 2019). "Democratic Opposition Research Group Begins Digging in on Howard Schultz". The Daily Beast. Retrieved February 20, 2019.