Erin Township, Hancock County, Iowa
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Location in Hancock County
|• Total||36.37 sq mi (94.19 km2)|
|• Land||36.37 sq mi (94.19 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||1,188 ft (362 m)|
|• Density||6/sq mi (2.3/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||50423, 50447|
|GNIS feature ID||0467797|
According to the United States Census Bureau, Erin Township covers an area of 36.37 square miles (94.19 square kilometers).
- Britt Township (north)
- Garfield Township (northeast)
- Liberty Township (east)
- Twin Lake Township (southeast)
- Amsterdam Township (south)
- Magor Township (southwest)
- Boone Township (west)
- Orthel Township (northwest)
The township contains Saint Patrick's Cemetery.
- West Hancock Community School District
- Iowa's 4th congressional district
- State House District 11
- State Senate District 6
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- United States National Atlas
- United States Census Bureau American FactFinder
- History of Winnebago County and Hancock County, Iowa. Pioneer Publishing Company. 1917. p. 266.
- History of Kossuth, Hancock, and Winnebago Counties, Iowa. Union Publishing Company. 1884. p. 704.