Erina, New South Wales
Central Coast, New South Wales
|Population||4,774 (2016 census)|
|• Density||734/km2 (1,902/sq mi)|
|Area||6.5 km2 (2.5 sq mi)|
|LGA(s)||Central Coast Council|
Erina is the commercial hub of the Central Coast. There are many other major commercial businesses located throughout the suburb predominantly on The Entrance Road, Karalta Road and Barralong Road.
The suburb is home to the Erina Eagles rugby league team, who play in the Central Coast Premiership.
Disability service provider Fairhaven Services' charity store, Vintage Fair, is situated in Erina.
The name Erina means "a place where the initiation ceremony was held". Erina was originally inhabited by the Garingai Aboriginal tribe. In 1888 the Erina was subdivided and the streets were planned.
The commercial areas of Erina are situated along Terrigal Drive, Barralong Road, Karalta Road and the Central Coast Highway. Erina Fair is a large single storey shopping centre located on Terrigal Drive in the centre of the suburb. There are also a few small shopping centres located on Karalta Road including Fountain Plaza, Elizabeth Court and Karalta Plaza.
In the 2016 Census, there were 4,774 people in Erina. 69.9% of people were born in Australia. The next most common country of birth was England at 8.1%. 85.0% of people spoke only English at home. The most common responses for religion were Catholic 24.3%, Anglican 22.5% and No Religion 21.5%.
Schools in the local area include:
- Erina High School is a comprehensive high school that was established in 1964.
- Woodport Public School (Formerly known as Erina West Primary School)
- Central Coast Adventist School
Churches in Erina include EV Church and Coastlife Church. The Chinese Baptist Evelyn Tong Memorial Church is due for completion in late 2017.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "2016 Community Profiles: Erina (State Suburb)". 2016 Census of Population and Housing. Retrieved 21 December 2017.
- "Erina - Central Coast Australia". www.centralcoastaustralia.com.au. Retrieved 31 March 2021.
- "Erina Fair | Retail Leasing | Australia | Lendlease".