Erindale GO Station
|Location||1320 Rathburn Road W.
|Platforms||1 island platform|
|Structure type||Brick station building and elevators to platforms and multi-storey car park|
|Station code||GO Transit: ERGO|
|Opened||27 October 1981|
Erindale GO Station is a GO Transit railway station on the Milton line in the Greater Toronto Area, Ontario, Canada. It is located at 1320 Rathburn Road West, just east of the Credit River near the community of Erindale in Mississauga, west of the Square One area.
Like many other GO stations, Erindale does offer parking facilities, and has a station building which houses ticket sales and includes a waiting room.
Erindale acted as a terminus for the midday trains that GO Transit once operated on the Milton Line during the early to mid-1990s, but these trains no longer run because of budget cutbacks made by the Mike Harris Progressive Conservative government.
Although ridership on the Milton line has grown beyond GO's expectations, it is not possible to run more trains, because the tracks are already busy with Canadian Pacific Railway freight traffic. In order to increase capacity, GO has extended the platforms to accommodate trains with twelve carriages rather than the previous ten.
Erindale was most recently upgraded and is now fully wheel chair accessible.
A construction project is underway that will deliver a new multi-level covered parking structure with 1700 new spaces, new bus loop, dedicated pedestrian pathways and covered pedestrian bridge to the station tracks. The project is expected to complete in the summer of 2013.
- 20 Rathburn via City Centre Transit Terminal to Islington (TTC).
- 6 Woodlands (on Burnhamthorpe Road)
- 9 Meadowvale (Creditview Road at Rathburn Road)
- 26 Burnhamthorpe (on Burnhamthorpe Road)
- 37 Creditview-Erindale GO Shuttle
- 38/38A Creditview (on Creditview Road)
- GO Transit
- 21 Milton/Toronto
Credit Valley Railway station
When the Credit Valley Railway opened in 1879, it built a station on Erindale Station Road, about a kilometre east of the current GO Transit facility. (The Credit Valley Railway was absorbed by the Canadian Pacific Railway in 1884.) With the decline of passenger traffic on the line, the old Erindale station was demolished in the 1950s.
- "Erindale GO" (PDF). Terminal & Station Maps. MiWay. 27 April 2015. Retrieved May 2015.
- MiWay (September 2, 2013). "20 Rathburn, Monday-Sunday Service" (PDF). MiWay. Retrieved January 2014.
- 21 Milton GO Train and Bus Schedule
- "Erindale Station (Credit Valley Railway)". Railways in Mississauga. Heritage Mississauga. Retrieved May 2013.
Media related to Erindale GO Station at Wikimedia Commons