Erkilet International Airport
Kayseri Erkilet Airport
Kayseri Erkilet Havalimanı
|Airport type||Public / Military|
|Operator||DHMİ (State Airports Administration)|
Turkish Air Force
|Elevation AMSL||3,506 ft / 1,069 m|
Erkilet International Airport or Kayseri Erkilet Airport (Turkish: Kayseri Erkilet Havalimanı, IATA: ASR, ICAO: LTAU) is a military airbase and public airport located 5 km (3.1 mi) north of Kayseri in the Kayseri Province of Turkey. The public transport departure side is very small leading to favorable security wait times, however the waiting areas can be considered quite uncomfortable. This is a major hub for travel to Cappadocia.
The prior capacity of the airport was 600,000 passengers per year. With the opening of the new international terminal in March 2007, its total capacity increased up to one million passengers per year. The airport is able to accommodate jets the size of the Boeing 747. However, smaller jets like the Boeing 737 and Boeing 757 are more commonly seen there.
Airlines and destinations
|Year (months)||Domestic||% change||International||% change||Total||% change|
Public buses run from the airport (just outside the gates) to the city center and vice versa. Travelers can also hire a taxi or rent a car. A less expensive option is to pre-arrange your airport pick up either through a travel agency or your hotel.
- (in Turkish) Kayseri Hava Meydanı Archived 2007-12-27 at the Wayback Machine at DHMİ (State Airports Authority)
- EAD Basic
- "Flights to Izmir". corendonairlines.com.
- Liu, Jim (27 January 2020). "Corendon Airlines S20 Network expansion". routesonline.com.
- "Flight Search". pegasys.pegast.ru.
- Liu, Jim. "Pegasus adds Kayseri – Rotterdam link in S19". Routesonline. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- Liu, Jim. "SkyUp Airlines adds Kayseri service from late-Dec 2020". Routesonline. Retrieved 13 October 2020.
- "air and charter tickets". itaka.pl.
- Liu, Jim (3 September 2020). "SunExpress 01-19SEP20 International operations as of 30AUG20". routesonline.com.
- "Flight plan". tuifly.be.
- "Charter flights timetable". flyuia.com.
- "Statistics". Archived from the original on 2015-06-28. Retrieved 2010-12-11.
- "KAYSERİ ULAŞIM BİLGİ SİSTEMİ (KUBİS)", Havaalanına giden hatlar, 2010 ©. Retrieved on 03 December 2013.