Erkilet International Airport
Kayseri Erkilet Airport
Kayseri Erkilet Havalimanı
|Airport type||Public / Military|
|Operator||DHMİ (State Airports Administration)|
Turkish Air Force
|Elevation AMSL||3,506 ft / 1,069 m|
|Coordinates||38°46′13″N 035°29′43″E / 38.77028°N 35.49528°E|
Sources: DHMİ, Turkish AIP at EUROCONTROL
Erkilet International Airport or Kayseri Erkilet Airport (Turkish: Kayseri Erkilet Havalimanı, IATA: ASR, ICAO: LTAU) is a military airbase and public airport located 5 km (3.1 mi) north of Kayseri in the Kayseri Province of Turkey. The airport is a major hub for travel to Cappadocia.
The prior capacity of the airport was 600,000 passengers per year. With the opening of the new international terminal in March 2007, its total capacity increased up to one million passengers per year. The airport is able to accommodate jets the size of the Boeing 747. However, smaller jets like the Boeing 737 and Boeing 757 are more commonly seen there.
Airlines and destinations
The following airlines operate regular scheduled and charter flights at Erkilet Airport
|AnadoluJet||Ankara, Istanbul–Sabiha Gökçen|
|Corendon Airlines||Seasonal: Cologne/Bonn, Düsseldorf, Hannover, Nuremberg|
|Eurowings||Seasonal: Hamburg (begins 7 July 2023)|
|Pegasus Airlines|| Antalya, Düsseldorf, Istanbul–Sabiha Gökçen, Izmir, Rotterdam/The Hague, Stuttgart |
Seasonal: Amsterdam, Ercan
|Smartwings||Seasonal charter: Prague|
|SunExpress|| Antalya, Izmir |
Seasonal: Basel/Mulhouse, Cologne/Bonn, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Geneva (begins 21 June 2023), Hannover, Munich, Stuttgart, Vienna
|Transavia||Seasonal: Rotterdam/The Hague|
|TUI fly Belgium||Liège|
Graphs are temporarily unavailable due to technical issues.
|Year (months)||Domestic||% change||International||% change||Total||% change|
Public buses run from the airport (just outside the gates) to the city center and vice versa. Travelers can also hire a taxi or rent a car. A less expensive option is to pre-arrange your airport pick up either through a travel agency or your hotel.
- ^ (in Turkish) Kayseri Hava Meydanı Archived 2007-12-27 at the Wayback Machine at DHMİ (State Airports Authority)
- ^ a b EAD Basic
- ^ a b c Liu, Jim (27 January 2020). "Corendon Airlines S20 Network expansion". routesonline.com.
- ^ "Eurowings Adds New Turkish Routes in NS23".
- ^ Liu, Jim. "Pegasus adds Kayseri – Rotterdam link in S19". Routesonline. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- ^ "News for Airlines, Airports and the Aviation Industry | CAPA".
- ^ Liu, Jim (3 September 2020). "SunExpress 01-19SEP20 International operations as of 30AUG20". routesonline.com.
- ^ "SUNEXPRESS NS23 NETWORK ADDITIONS – 30OCT22". aeroroutes.com. 31 October 2022.
- ^ "SunExpress, Kayseri-Viyana Uçak Seferlerini Hayata Geçirecek!".
- ^ "Transavia start ticketverkoop naar (nieuwe) zomerbestemmingen 2022" [Transavia starts ticketsales to new summer 2022 destinations]. Luchtvaartnieuws.nl (in Dutch). 14 September 2021. Retrieved 14 September 2021.
- ^ "Flight plan". tuifly.be.
- ^ "Statistics". Archived from the original on 2015-06-28. Retrieved 2010-12-11.
- ^ "KAYSERİ ULAŞIM BİLGİ SİSTEMİ (KUBİS)", Havaalanına giden hatlar, 2010 ©. Retrieved on 03 December 2013.