Ernest Arthur Copleston (1855–1933) was an Anglican Bishop in the first half of the 20th century.
He was born in Barnes, London and educated at St John's College, Oxford  and ordained in 1878. His career began with curacies at St Luke, Maidenhead and St Paul, Kandy. Next he was the incumbent of Holy Emmanuel, Moratuwa with St Peter’s, Korolawela, Ceylon and then Principal of the Diocesan Training College, Kandy until 1903. Following this he was Bishop of Calcutta for 21 years. His brother was also a bishop.
- The Times, Saturday, Aug 26, 1933; pg. 1; Issue 46533; col A Deaths
- ”A History of the Church of England in India” Chatterton, E: London, SPCK, 1924
- “Who was Who” 1897-2007 London, A & C Black, 2007 ISBN 978-0-19-954087-7
- Ordinations OxfordThe Times Tuesday, Sep 24, 1878; pg. 8; Issue 29368; col D
- Church web-site
- Church description
- "The Clergy List" London, Kelly's 1913
|Church of England titles|
Reginald Stephen Copleston
|Bishop of Calcutta and Metropolitan of India
1903 – 1924
Mark Rodolph Carpenter-Garnier