Ernest Leopold, Landgrave of Hesse-Rotenburg
|Landgrave of Hesse-Rotenburg|
|Born||15 June 1684|
|Died||29 November 1749|
Schloss Rotenburg, Rotenburg
|Spouse||Eleonore of Löwenstein-Wertheim|
|Joseph, Hereditary Prince of Hesse-Rotenburg|
Polyxena, Queen of Sardinia
Caroline, Princess of Condé
Constantine, Landgrave of Hesse-Rotenburg
Christine, Princess of Carignan
Eleonora, Countess Palatine of Sulzbach
|House||House of Hesse-Kassel|
|Father||William of Hesse-Rotenburg|
|Mother||Maria Anna of Löwenstein-Wertheim|
Ernst Leopold of Hesse-Rotenburg (15 June 1684 – 29 November 1749) was landgrave of Hessen-Rheinfels-Rotenburg between 1725 and 1749.
He died in Rotenburg in 1749.
Marriage and issue
- Joseph of Hesse-Rotenburg, Hereditary Prince of Hesse-Rotenburg (1705–1744), married Christina van Salm had issue.
- Polyxena of Hesse-Rotenburg, Queen of Sardinia, (1706–1735) married Charles Emmanuel III of Sardinia had issue.
- Wilhelmine Magdalene Leopoldina of Hesse-Rotenburg (1707–1708) died in infancy.
- Wilhelm of Hesse-Rotenburg (1708) died in infancy.
- Sophie of Hesse-Rotenburg (1709–1711) died in infancy.
- Franciscus Alexander of Hesse-Rotenburg (1710–1739) died unmarried.
- Eleonora of Hesse-Rotenburg (1712–1759) married John Christian, Count Palatine of Sulzbach no issue.
- Caroline of Hesse-Rotenburg (1714–1741) married Louis Henri de Bourbon had issue.
- Constantine of Hesse-Rotenburg, Landgrave of Hesse-Rotenburg (1716–1778), his successor
- Christine of Hesse-Rotenburg (1717–1778) married Louis Victor of Savoy and has issue.
Through his eldest daughter, his present descendants include the Claimant Duke of Parma; the Pretending King of the Two Sicilies and the reigning Grand Duke of Luxembourg. His youngest daughter is also an ancestress of the above.
- genealogy online (in Dutch)
| Landgrave of Hesse-Rotenburg