Ernest Whitman with Amanda Randolph in Beulah (1953)
February 21, 1893
Fort Smith, Arkansas. U.S.
|Died||August 5, 1954
Hollywood, California, U.S.
He appeared in a number of films, including King for a Day (1934), The Prisoner of Shark Island (1936), The Green Pastures (1936), Jesse James (1939), Gone With the Wind (1939), Third Finger, Left Hand (1940), Among the Living (1941), Road to Zanzibar (1941), Cabin in the Sky (1943), Stormy Weather (1943), The Lost Weekend (1945), My Brother Talks to Horses (1947), Banjo (1947) and The Sun Shines Bright (1953), his last movie.
- The Last Mile (1930) as Vincent Jackson
- Chamberlain Brown's Scrap Book (1932) as Ashley the penitent
Whitman died of a liver ailment on August 5, 1954 in Hollywood.
- Cabin in the Sky (1943)
- Jesse James (1939)
- The Green Pastures (1936)
- The Prisoner of Shark Island (1936)
- King for a Day (1934, short)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ernest Whitman.|