Ernesto Gainza Medina
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ernesto Gainza Medina (born March 5, 1979 in Valencia, Venezuela), is a professional skydiver, stunt performer and stunt coordinator, skydiving consultant, skydiving instructor and instructor examiner. He is also an experienced BASE jumper, wing suit flyer and Guinness world record holder.
He studied law at the Universidad Bicentenaria de Aragua in Maracay, Venezuela. In 2002 he decided to move to the United Kingdom to improve his English and to obtain a second higher education degree. On 7 January 2003, he made his first skydive.
In 2009 he founded the Flight Parachuting Demo Team which performed at major air shows and high-profile venues across Europe. He was considered a top canopy piloting competitor until his retirement from the competition scene in 2011.
He is currently the executive producer for Down to Earth Film. A 60-minute documentary on his recent achievement, landing the world’s smallest and fastest parachute measuring only 3.2 square metres in Dubai, United Arab Emirates in April 2014. Down to Earth Film was created by American director Daphne Schmon, actor/producer Gbenga Akinnagbe and director/producer Jeff Pinilla in conjunction with NBTV studios New York City and under the patronage of HH Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum crown prince of Dubai.
Ernesto has achieved several individual and collective world records and completed more than 8,000 jumps around the globe.
He is currently based in Slovenia, Europe.
- United States Parachute Association professional exhibition jumper
- United States Parachute Association coach
- United States Parachute Association coach examiner
- United States Parachute Association accelerated free-fall Instructor
- United States Parachute Association accelerated free-fall Instructor examiner
Parachuting certificates of proficiency & licenses
- United States Parachute Association “A”, “B”, “C”, “D” license holder
- British Parachute Association “A”, “B”, “C” license holder
- Emirates Aerosports federation “D” license holder
- Fédération Française de Parachutisme Brevet "B3" "B4" "B5" "C"
- United States Parachute Association Safety & Training Advisor 2013-2016
- Emirates Aerosports Federation Safety & Training advisor 2013-2015
- World championships in canopy piloting, Czech Republic, 2011
- Italian canopy piloting nationals 2010
- Czech canopy piloting nationals 2007, 2009, 2011
- Spanish canopy piloting nationals 2007, 2008, 2009
- German canopy piloting nationals 2007 and 2009
- World championships in canopy piloting, South Africa, 2009
- British Parachute Association skydiving nationals 2005
Most notable stunts
- Stunt coordinator & stuntman for Bled Extreme Challenge - Bled, Slovenia, 2015
- Stunt coordinator & stuntman for Xtreme Flight – Skydive Dubai’s project XCF. Dubai, UAE, 2014
- Guinness world record by jumping and landing the world’s smallest and fastest parachute. Dubai, UAE, 2014
- Guinness world record "most to parachute from a balloon simultaneously". Dubai, UAE, 2013
- Guinness world record "the most skydivers to parachute from a ballon during the same flight". Dubai, UAE, 2013
- Stunt coordinator and stuntman for Raise the sky & Skydive Dubai’s Project XRW. Dubai, UAE, 2011
- First side-by-side formation with an acrobatic plane (Sukhoi 31). Ocaña, Spain, 2009
- Landing on the rooftop of a 32-storey building. Caracas, Venezuela, 2006
- Landing on top of a hot air balloon with a high performance parachute. Devon, UK, 2007
- Landing a high performance parachute on the back of a moving sports car. Valencia, Venezuela, 2007
- First skydiver ever to go through Puente Nuevo’s arch. Ronda, Spain, 2007
- BASE jump from the highest waterfall on earth Angel Falls. Canaima National Park, Venezuela, 2006
Most notable air shows and public displays
Ernesto is a professional exhibition skydiver and has jumped into numerous public and private events.
- Exhibition jump during Cadiz Air show. Cadiz, Spain, 2011 and 2013
- Exhibition jump during Meydan world cup. Dubai, UAE, 2012
- Exhibition jump during Pink Polo Cancer Awareness. Abu Dhabi, UAE, 2012
- Exhibition jump during Battle of Flowers festival. Valencia, Spain, 2010 and 2011
- Exhibition jump during Malaga Air show. Malaga, Spain, 2010
- Exhibition jump during Vigo Air show. Vigo, Spain, 2010
- Exhibition jump for the 50th anniversary of the Battle or Normandy. Dieppe, France 2004
- European Air show Council
- Hugo Boss
- Tim Hortons
- Jack & Jones
- Shell International
- Meydan Racecourse
- Dubai Sports Council