Jump to navigation Jump to search
In 1873 he received his cand. polyt. degree, and later worked as a schoolteacher in Copenhagen. His diatom research largely dealt with species found in Denmark, Greenland, Iceland, Faeroe Islands and Jan Mayen.
Selected scientific works
- Ferskvands-Diatoméer fra Øst-Grønland. Meddelelser om Grønland 15: 251-290. 1898.
- Beiträge zur Kenntnis der Diatomeenflora des Kossogolbeckens in der nordwestlichen Mongolei. Hedwigia 48 (1-2): 74-100. 1909.
- Danske Diatoméer. C.A. Reitzel, København. 323 pp. (1910)
- Diatoms from North-east Greenland (N of 76 N.Lat.) collected by the Denmark Expedition. Meddelelser om Grønland 43 (10): 193-256. 1910.
- Diatomaceæ ex insulis Danicis Indiæ Occidentalis imprimis a F. Børgesen lectæ. Dansk Botanisk Arkiv vol. 1 (1): 1-29. (1913)
- Marine diatoms from the coasts of Iceland. The Botany of Iceland, edited by L. Kolderup Rosenvinge & E. Warming, J. Frimodt, Copenhagen, and John Wheldon and Co., London; Vol. 1, Part 2, pp. 345–394. 1916.
- Fresh-water diatoms from Iceland. The Botany of Iceland, edited by L. Kolderup Rosenvinge & E. Warming, J. Frimodt, Copenhagen, and John Wheldon and Co., London; Vol. 2, Part 1, pp. 1–100. 1918.
|This article about a Danish botanist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|