Erode Sengunthar Engineering College
|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Motto||"Service Excellence Character"|
|Anna University, Chennai.|
|Location||Perundurai, Erode, Tamil Nadu, India.
- 1 Inception
- 2 Departments
- 2.1 Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- 2.2 Department of Mechanical Engineering
- 2.3 Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- 2.4 Departments of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- 2.5 Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- 2.6 Department of Civil Engineering
- 2.7 Department of Chemical Engineering
- 2.8 Departments of Business Administration
- 2.9 Department of Computer Applications
- 2.10 Departments of Science and Humanities
- 3 Facilities
- 4 Notable Alumnis
- 5 References
- 6 External links
The college was started by the Erode Sengunthar Educational Trust in 1996. It has ISO 9001:2008 certification and is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation. It is affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. All the undergraduate courses offered are permanently affiliated to Anna University, Chennai. The college is accredited with the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) Bengaluru with the highest grade of 'A'.
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- B.E. Computer Science and Engineering (four years)
- M.E. Computer Science and Engineering (two years)
Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Started in 1996.
- MOUs with industry
- B.E. Mechanical Engineering (four years)
- M.E. Manufacturing Engineering (two years )
Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering (four years)
Departments of Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Started in 2000
- Labs are air conditioned
- MOUs with industry
- B.E. Electronics and Communication Engineering (four years)
Department of Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- Started in 2001.
- MOUs with industry
- B.E. Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering (four years)
- 2009 – 2 university rank holders
- 2010 – 1 university rank holder
Instrument Society of India: ISoI students chapter coordinates with the department association to provide a forum for the students to develop technical skills. Students can participate in the programmes organized/sponsored by ISoI elsewhere.
Department of Civil Engineering
- B.E. Civil Engineering
Department of Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech. Chemical Engineering (four years)
Departments of Business Administration
The Department of Management Studies started in 2008. The department offers opportunities to the students to specialize in areas like Marketing, Finance, HR and Systems.
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
Department of Computer Applications
- MCA (Master of Computer Applications) (three years)
Departments of Science and Humanities
- Started 1996.
The college has a central library with 30,000 volumes, 8,600 titles, 148 Indian periodicals and 93 international periodicals AICTE consortium online journals 801. The library has a collection of more than 1,800 CDs and floppies. Books for the preparation of competitive exams like GATE, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, Defense Service and Civil Service are in reference and issue sections.
NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning)
A center for a national programme on Technology-Enhanced Learning functions in the college. In this center, students and faculty members benefit from the video lectures given by eminent professors from IITs on engineering subjects.
- Multi-purpose standard 400 meters mud track with field measurements
- Multi-station gym: 12 stations
- Volleyball courts with flood lights and gallery
- Table tennis boards
- Cricket ground
- Basketball, concrete court
- Ball badminton court
- Handball court
- Football field
- Hockey field
Hostel There are in-campus hostels for boys and girls: two each for boys girls.
There are programmes on Public Awareness, National Integration, Career development, Science Exhibitions.
The institution is an institutional member in the following professional societies:
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- Indian Society for Technical Education Staff Chapter
- Indian Society for Technical Education Student Chapter
- Indian Institute of Production Engineers
- Computer Society of India
- Mohan MK (Writer)