The cover of the first light novel volume.
|Written by||Tsukasa Fushimi|
|Illustrated by||Hiro Kanzaki|
|Published by||ASCII Media Works|
|Original run||December 10, 2013 – present|
|Written by||Tsukasa Fushimi|
|Published by||ASCII Media Works|
|Original run||May 27, 2014 – present|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Ryohei Takeshita|
|Written by||Tatsuya Takahashi|
|Music by||Tomoki Kikuya|
|Original network||Tokyo MX, MBS, TVA, GTV, GYT, BS11, AT-X|
|Original run||April 9, 2017 – June 25, 2017|
|Episodes||12 + OVA|
|Published by||ASCII Media Works|
|Original run||July 27, 2018 – scheduled|
Eromanga Sensei (エロマンガ先生) is a Japanese light novel series written by Tsukasa Fushimi and illustrated by Hiro Kanzaki. ASCII Media Works has published nine volumes in the series under their Dengeki Bunko imprint since December 2013. A manga adaptation illustrated by Rin began serialization in Dengeki Daioh in May 2014. An anime adaptation produced by A-1 Pictures aired from April to June 2017.
The story centers around high school student Masamune Izumi who loves writing light novels. Having no artistic skill himself, Masamune always gets his novels illustrated by an anonymous partner using the pen name "Eromanga Sensei", who is known for drawing questionably perverted images despite being extremely reliable. In addition to balancing his passion and school, Masamune is also stuck with taking care of his only family member—his younger sister Sagiri Izumi. A hikikomori by nature, Sagiri shut herself in her room for over a year and constantly bosses Masamune around despite his attempts to get her to leave her room. However, when Masamune inadvertently discovers that his anonymous partner has been Sagiri all along, their sibling relationship quickly leaps to new levels of excitement, especially when a beautiful, female, best-selling shōjo manga author enters the fray.
- Masamune Izumi (和泉正宗 Izumi Masamune)
- Voiced by: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
- The protagonist of the series, he is a 15-year old first-year high school student. When he was in junior high school, he won an award for writing a light novel series. He later writes a series known as Silverwolf of Reincarnation and hires an anonymous illustrator named "Eromanga Sensei", but discovers that Eromanga Sensei is his own step sister Sagiri.
- Sagiri Izumi (和泉紗霧 Izumi Sagiri)
- Voiced by: Akane Fujita
- The heroine of the series and the titular Eromanga Sensei, she is a 12-year-old first-year junior high school student. She is a hikikomori who never leaves her room, even to eat, instead relying on her step brother to bring food to her room. She later starts inviting her brother into her room and opens up more to the world, even venturing outside the boundaries of her room. Even though Masamune and several other people know that she is "Eromanga Sensei", she always stalls the conversation by saying she does not know someone of that name. In the anime, Sagiri's illustrations are drawn by Tiv.
- Megumi Jinno (神野めぐみ Jinno Megumi)
- Voiced by: Ibuki Kido
- Megumi is a classmate of Sagiri, and a former amateur model. She wants to become friends with Sagiri, but is also a little perverted.
- Elf Yamada (山田エルフ Yamada Erufu)
- Voiced by: Minami Takahashi
- Elf is a 14-year-old popular light novel author who has sold over 2 million copies. She starts living next door to Masamune and is famed for dressing in a lolita style. She has shown to have developed romantic feelings for Masamune and has confessed to him. Elf Yamada is her pen name. Her real name is Emily Granger (エミリー・グレンジャー Emirī Gurenjā).
- Tomoe Takasago (高砂智恵 Takasago Tomoe)
- Voiced by: Yui Ishikawa
- Tomoe is a friend of Masamune who works part-time at a local bookstore.
- Muramasa Senju (千寿ムラマサ Senju Muramasa)
- Voiced by: Saori Ōnishi
- Muramasa is a successful light novel writer who has sold over 14.5 million copies of her novel series. She is a fan of Masamune's "Silverwolf of Reincarnation" series, So she gets upset after he ends series. She tried to stop him from writing romantic comedy series but admitted defeat after losing to him in Tenkaichi-Budoukai competition. She is in love with Masamune, but he rejects her after she confesses her feelings to him. Muramasa Senju is her pen name. Her real name is Hana Umezono (梅園花 Umezono Hana).
- Ayame Kagurazaka (神楽坂あやめ Kagurazaka Ayame)
- Voiced by: Mikako Komatsu
- Kagurazaka is Masamune's and Muramasa's executive editor.
- Chris Yamada (山田クリス Yamada Kurisu)
- Voiced by: Seiichirō Yamashita
- Chris is Elf's older brother and her executive editor.
- Kunimitsu Shidō (獅童国光 Shidō Kunimitsu)
- Voiced by: Nobunaga Shimazaki
- Shidō is one of the participants of the Tenkaichi-Budoukai competition, but he lost the event since Masamune won first place and he only won second place. He thinks that Masamune is gay.
The light novels are written by Tsukasa Fushimi and illustrated by Hiro Kanzaki. The series is published by ASCII Media Works under their Dengeki Bunko imprint, and the first volume was released on December 10, 2013. Nine volumes have been released as of June 2017.
|No.||Title||Japanese release date||Japanese ISBN|
|1||My Little Sister and the Sealed Room|
Imōto to Akazu no Ma (妹と開かずの間)
|December 10, 2013||ISBN 978-4-04-866081-5|
|2||My Little Sister and the Most Interesting Novel in the World|
Imōto to Sekai de Ichiban Omoshiroi Shōsetsu (妹と世界で一番面白い小説)
|May 10, 2014||ISBN 978-4-04-866531-5|
|3||My Little Sister and Fairy Island|
Imōto to Yōsei no Shima (妹と妖精の島)
|October 10, 2014||ISBN 978-4-04-866937-5|
|4||Eromanga Sensei VS Eromanga Sensei G|
Eromanga-sensei VS Eromanga-sensei G (エロマンガ先生VSエロマンガ先生G)
|March 10, 2015||ISBN 978-4-04-869334-9|
|5||Sagiri Izumi's School Debut|
Izumi Sagiri no Hatsutōkō (和泉紗霧の初登校)
|September 10, 2015||ISBN 978-4-04-865381-7|
|6||Ten Reasons to be Married to Elf Yamada-chan|
Yamada Erufu-chan to Kekkon Subeki Jū no Riyū (山田エルフちゃんと結婚すべき十の理由)
|March 10, 2016||ISBN 978-4-04-865808-9|
|7||Cohabitation Starting with Anime|
Anime de Hajimaru Dōsei Seikatsu (アニメで始まる同棲生活)
|August 10, 2016||ISBN 978-4-04-892249-4|
|8||Masamune Izumi's Holiday|
Izumi Masamune no Kyūjitsu (和泉マサムネの休日)
|January 10, 2017||ISBN 978-4-04-892597-6|
|9||Sagiri's New Married Life|
Sagiri no Shinkon Seikatsu (紗霧の新婚生活)
|June 9, 2017||ISBN 978-4-04-892950-9|
|10||Muramasa Senju and the Cultural Festival of Love|
Senju Muramasa to Koi no Bunkamatsuri (千寿ムラマサと恋の文化祭)
|July 10, 2018||ISBN 978-4-04-893914-0|
A manga adaptation illustrated by Rin began serialization in ASCII Media Works' Dengeki Daioh magazine on May 27, 2014. The manga has been compiled into six tankōbon volumes as of October 2017. Dark Horse Comics will release the manga in North America.
|No.||Japanese release date||Japanese ISBN||English release date||English ISBN|
|1||November 10, 2014||ISBN 978-4-04-866922-1||September 26, 2018||ISBN 978-1-5067-0984-0|
|2||May 9, 2015||ISBN 978-4-04-865087-8||—||—|
|3||January 9, 2016||ISBN 978-4-04-865518-7||—||—|
|4||August 10, 2016||ISBN 978-4-04-892172-5||—||—|
|5||March 10, 2017||ISBN 978-4-04-892718-5||—||—|
|6||October 7, 2017||ISBN 978-4-04-893431-2||—||—|
An anime television series adaptation is directed by Ryohei Takeshita, written by Tatsuya Takahashi, and produced by Shinichiro Kashiwada and Aniplex, featuring animation by the studio A-1 Pictures. The anime aired from April 9[a] to June 25, 2017. An original video animation will be released in 2018. The opening theme is "Hitorigoto" (ヒトリゴト Soliloquy) by ClariS, and the ending theme is "Adrenaline!!!" by TrySail, with episode 8 featuring "Natsuiro Koi Hanabi" (夏色恋花火 Come, The Summer Color of Fireworks) by Akane Fujita. Aniplex of America has licensed the series in North America.
|No.||Title[b]||Original air date|
|1||"My Little Sister, and the Sealed Room"|
"Imōto to Akazu no Ma" (妹と開かずの間)
|April 9, 2017|
|High School student Masamune Izumi lives a balanced life between his career as a novelist, and looking after his foster sister Sagiri who became a shut-in a year prior. When Masamune's books became popular on the charts, he is demanded to be seen in public along with his illustrator, an anonymous person who goes by the pen name "Eromanga Sensei". Later on, when Masamune watches Eromanga Sensei's live stream as she was illustrating and chatting with her fans, he discovers that Eromanga Sensei's real identity is none other than Sagiri.|
|2||"Class Rep with a Normie Life, and a Fearless Fairy"|
"Riajū Inchō to Futeki na Yōsei" (リア充委員長と不敵な妖精)
|April 16, 2017|
|Sagiri's junior high school classmate, Megumi Jinno, visits Masamune's home in a bid to get Sagiri to return to school. After Sagiri refuses, Masamune convinces Megumi to leave. Later that evening, he goes to a local bookstore where he meets his friend Tomoe Takasago, who introduces Masamune to a collection of new books written by Elf Yamada on the recommended shelf. After Masamune buys Elf's books, he witnesses Elf in a dispute with his editor, Ayame Kagurazaka, over Eromanga Sensei being Elf's new illustrator, much to Masamune's dismay. Ayame refuses, and Elf leaves in anger.|
|3||"Buck Naked Mansion and the Fallen Master"|
"Zenra no Yakata to Daraku no Aruji" (全裸の館と堕落の主)
|April 23, 2017|
|Megumi brings the rest of the class to Masamune's home in an attempt and get Sagiri to go back to school, but Masamune refuses. Later on, Masamune learns that Elf lives next door after he hears Sagiri's complaints about piano sounds coming from next door. Masamune visits Elf's home where he learns that she is a well-received author, and is curious to learn more about how she works. They become great friends, but also great rivals, and decide to have a contest to decide who gets to partner with Eromanga Sensei for their next novel. Later on, Sagiri accuses Masamune of lying about his relationship with Elf and orders him to leave her room for the remainder of the day.|
"Eromanga Sensei" (エロマンガ先生)
|April 30, 2017|
|The contest ends in Masamune's favor. Although Elf's manuscript was better than his, she tears it apart after learning of Eromanga Sensei's real identity as Sagiri. After brimming with happiness, Masamune jumps back home through Sagiri's bedroom window, where they make amends and clear up some misunderstandings. A worried Sagiri believed that Masamune wanted to replace her with Elf as his new illustrator, which causes her to lock herself up in her room and spends time watching battle scenes and analyzing weapons to draw out better battle scenes and girls with larger breasts. Masamune tells a touched Sagiri the truth after showing her his manuscript, which tells a story about her. Masamune wants to publish it as a book, which would then earn them lots of money. Afterwards, Sagiri opens her door, and steps out of her room for the first time.|
|5||"Let's Make a Light Novel Plan with My Little Sister"|
"Imōto to Ranobe Kikaku o Tsukurō" (妹とラノベ企画を創ろう)
|May 7, 2017|
|Sagiri confesses to Masamune that she loves someone. Masamune attempts to confess to Sagiri, but is unsure of how Sagiri responds to the confession. A frustrated Sagiri returns to drawing practice when Masamune receives a call from a highly distressed Elf after her editor has arrived on her doorstep to monitor her work progress. Elf begs Masamune to shelter her for a while, and in return teaches him how to write a project proposal and shows Sagiri her panties for inspiration. After Masamune becomes inspired by Sagiri's drawings, she tells him that she has an "artist's block", and that she needs Masamune to find her pretty girl models with large breasts and a willingness to show off their panties. A disturbed Masamune is contacted by Megumi to check up on Sagiri, and after learning of Sagiri's friendship with Elf, he decides to read light novels so that he can befriend Sagiri.|
|6||"Masamune Izumi and the Nemesis of Ten Million Copies"|
"Izumi Masamune to Issen-man-bu no Shukuteki" (和泉マサムネと一千万部の宿敵)
|May 14, 2017|
|Megumi agrees to be blindfolded and immobile for Sagiri to draw her so that she can burrow Sagiri's light novels. Although Megumi successfully receives Sagiri's books, she fails to befriend Sagiri. Meanwhile, Masamune finishes the manuscript and takes it to Ayame, who tells Masamune that his book can only be published a year later due to her priority for Muramasa Senju, a bestselling author who has sold a total of 14.5 million copies. Distressed, Masamune confides in Sagiri about their financial crisis of finding a new editorial company, and how he had promised his aunt to regularly publish books so that the siblings can continue their present way of life. While searching for editorial companies with Elf, Masamune meets a strange girl in a kimono who accompanies them as Masamune goes to consult Ayame. Ayame tells Masamune about a competition between five authors who compete for a publishing spot, and the winner has their short story published in September. After Masamune eagerly signs up, Muramasa, who happens to be the girl in the kimono, arrives and signs up for the competition as well, and declares to Masamune that she will defeat him and crush his dreams.|
|7||"Little Sister and the Most Interesting Novel in the World"|
"Imōto to Sekai de Ichiban Omoshiroi Shōsetsu" (妹と世界で一番面白い小説)
|May 21, 2017|
|An aggravated Masamune declares that whoever wins the publishing spot can then give any order to the loser, to which Muramasa happily agrees. Masamune and Sagiri get to work together, with Masamune asking Elf for help writing a short story less than 60 pages, and Sagiri starting on her erotic art. After four days of training, and two days left before the deadline, Muramasa visits Masamune, and attempts to convince him to surrender and instead write novels for her, as well as explaining her past. Muramasa never found any novel interesting from the bottom of her heart, so she decided to write one herself for her to read. So far, there had only been one book that interested her, which was what Masamune wrote, and she wants to defeat Masamune as she cannot forgive him for starting a new romantic comedy series. Muramasa goes on to explain her dream, which took root when her first ever fan letter gave her book a one million score out of a hundred, and from then on Muramasa had been desperately creating a novel that she could find truly interesting and give herself a one million score out of a hundred. Afterwards, Sagiri appears and declares to Muramasa that Masamune is her brother and refuses to give him away. Masamune then rejects Muramasa, who leaves with her promise of defeating Masamune. On the day of the competition, Muramasa ends up being disqualified due to her manuscript exceeding the page limit, and Masamune wins. Muramasa confesses her love for Masamune, but he politely declines. Later on, Masamune receives a letter from Muramasa, who encloses her favorite notebook and a note describing how interesting his novel was and that she would give him a score of one million out of one hundred.|
|8||"Dreaming Sagiri and Summer Fireworks"|
"Yumemiru Sagiri to Natsu Hanabi" (夢見る紗霧と夏花火)
|May 28, 2017|
|Masamune finds Sagiri in a yukata, and deduces that she wants to see the fireworks but doesn't want to leave her room either. He invites Elf, Muramasa, and the 3rd place author of the competition, Kunimitsu Shidō, for an after-party at his house. After the party, the three authors go out to watch the fireworks, but Masamune chooses to stay with Sagiri in her room as they watch it from her room instead.|
|9||"Little Sister and Fairy Island"|
"Imōto to Yōsei no Shima" (妹と妖精の島)
|June 4, 2017|
|During the after-party at Masamune's house, Elf invites Masamune, Muramasa and Kunimitsu to travel to "Fairy Island", a southern island owned by the Yamada family with "writing camp" as an excuse. When Elf and the company land on the island, they meets Chris Yamada, Elf's older brother and her executive editor. At "Fairy Island", Masamune is rewarded with more writing material, but is also confronted by Elf and Chris about marriage into the Yamada family. Elf, as a show of trust and as an 'in-case' of proposal, reveals her true name to be Emily.|
|10||"Masamune Izumi and the Younger Senpai"|
"Izumi Masamune to Toshishita no Senpai" (和泉マサムネと年下の先輩)
|June 11, 2017|
|Masamune promises to Muramasa that he will write an after-story to the Silverwolf of Reincarnation series and give it to her, which she finds incredibly interesting and touching. Meanwhile, Elf takes the opportunities without her brother's constant supervision to play games that often involve the two girls fighting for Masamune's attention. During the trip, Muramasa becomes embarrassed with confessing her love for Masamune in public, and later declares that she will not write stories anymore as she had fulfilled her dream of reading a story she could give a one million score out of a hundred, which were Masamune's books. Later that day, Masamune shows Muramasa one of the latest fan letters written by a middle-school girl named Hana Umezono. He tells her that the girl's letters were always highly passionate and that they always encouraged him especially. Masamune then reveals that Muramasa was the one behind all those letters by pairing up their handwriting, which she confirms, and explains that while her current dream is fulfilled, she should keep striving to fulfill other dreams she has by continuing to write. Muramasa changes her mind and decides that her next dream will be to start a relationship with Masamune.|
|11||"How the Two Met and Future Siblings"|
"Futari no Deai to Mirai no Futari" (二人の出会いと未来の
|June 18, 2017|
|Back from the trip, Masamune decides to set off to Akihabara to watch the debut of his and Sagiri's new work while talking with her via VOIP. During the way, both of them recall their past. Masamune reminisces about the time when he wrote his first novel and published it online in a bid to occupy himself after his mother's death. At that time, seven-year-old Sagiri, who was an avid fan of his work, provided him with illustrations for the series while not revealing her identity to him. Masamune and Sagiri's interactions inspired each other to follow their careers as writer and illustrator respectively, and Sagiri decided to cease her conversations with him and dedicate herself to be a professional. Once reaching Akihabara, Masamune is apprehensive about the reception of the book, until he is reassured when a group of characters from Oreimo pass by while praising it. Upon returning home, Masamune is surprised upon seeing Sagiri out of her room and she reveals that she is training herself to eventually become able to leave home. The two then renew their promise to move forward and make their dreams come true, together.|
"Eromanga Fesutibaru" (エロマンガフェスティバル)
|June 25, 2017|
|Elf and Muramasa arrive at Masamune's house to fulfill their part of her bargain with Sagiri, that she would allow Masamune to go with them for the trip in exchange to have both pose for her. As Sagiri draws with the two posing as models, Tomoe arrives at Masamune's home and delivers him a copy of an erotic doujinshi that is inspired on his most recent work. Sagiri arrives and snatches the book from Masamune and after reading it, is determined to make her own version of it. After reading Sagiri's version, Masamune realizes that the main character's penis was incorrectly drawn, but is too embarrassed to explain it to Sagiri. He then calls Megumi for help to no avail, and Muramasa shows the others a sketch of Michelangelo's David Sculpture to prove Masamune's point. The episode ends as Elf and Muramasa leave, with Masamune watching Sagiri in joy coming out from her window to greet them.|
- "Oreimo Author's Ero Manga Sensei Light Novel Outlined". Anime News Network. November 10, 2013. Retrieved March 9, 2016.
- "Eromanga Sensei Anime Reveals Lead Voice Actor, Main Staff". Anime News Network. September 27, 2016. Retrieved September 27, 2016.
- "Eromanga Sensei Anime Casts Akane Fujita as Sagiri Izumi". Anime News Network. March 13, 2016. Retrieved March 13, 2016.
- "Tiv's tweet". Twitter (in Japanese). April 8, 2017. Retrieved July 30, 2017.
- "Eromanga Sensei Anime Reveals April 2017 Premiere, More of Cast". Anime News Network. October 2, 2016. Retrieved December 27, 2016.
- "エロマンガ先生 妹と開かずの間". Dengeki Bunko (in Japanese). ASCII Media Works. Retrieved March 13, 2016.
- "エロマンガ先生(2) 妹と世界で一番面白い小説 / 電撃文庫公式サイト". Dengeki Bunko (in Japanese). ASCII Media Works. Retrieved March 12, 2016.
- "エロマンガ先生(3) 妹と妖精の島 / 電撃文庫公式サイト". Dengeki Bunko (in Japanese). ASCII Media Works. Retrieved March 12, 2016.
- "エロマンガ先生(4) エロマンガ先生VSエロマンガ先生G / 電撃文庫公式サイト". Dengeki Bunko (in Japanese). ASCII Media Works. Retrieved March 12, 2016.
- "エロマンガ先生(5) 和泉紗霧の初登校 / 電撃文庫公式サイト". Dengeki Bunko (in Japanese). ASCII Media Works. Retrieved March 12, 2016.
- "エロマンガ先生(6) 山田エルフちゃんと結婚すべき十の理由 / 電撃文庫公式サイト". Dengeki Bunko (in Japanese). ASCII Media Works. Retrieved March 12, 2016.
- "エロマンガ先生(7) アニメで始まる同棲生活 / 電撃文庫公式サイト". Dengeki Bunko (in Japanese). ASCII Media Works. Retrieved September 15, 2016.
- "エロマンガ先生(8) 和泉マサムネの休日 / 電撃文庫公式サイト". Dengeki Bunko (in Japanese). ASCII Media Works. Retrieved January 10, 2017.
- "エロマンガ先生(9) 紗霧の新婚生活 / 電撃文庫公式サイト". Dengeki Bunko (in Japanese). ASCII Media Works. Retrieved June 5, 2017.
- "エロマンガ先生(10) 千寿ムラマサと恋の文化祭". Dengeki Bunko (in Japanese). ASCII Media Works. Retrieved May 25, 2018.
- Green, Scott (May 6, 2014). ""Oreimo" Author's New Series Gets Manga Adaptation". Crunchyroll. Retrieved March 13, 2016.
- "エロマンガ先生(1) / 電撃文庫公式サイト". Dengeki Bunko (in Japanese). ASCII Media Works. Retrieved March 12, 2016.
- Ressler, Karen (April 4, 2018). "Dark Horse Comics to Release Eromanga Sensei Manga". Anime News Network. Retrieved April 4, 2018.
- Ressler, Karen (May 25, 2018). "Eromanga Sensei's Elf Yamada Gets Her Own Spinoff Manga". Anime News Network. Retrieved May 25, 2018.
- "Dark Horse Manga Brings "Eromanga Sensei" to Western Audiences This Fall!". Dark Horse Comics. Retrieved April 6, 2018.
- "エロマンガ先生(2) / 電撃文庫公式サイト". Dengeki Bunko (in Japanese). ASCII Media Works. Retrieved March 12, 2016.
- "エロマンガ先生(3) / 電撃文庫公式サイト". Dengeki Bunko (in Japanese). ASCII Media Works. Retrieved March 12, 2016.
- "エロマンガ先生(4) / 電撃文庫公式サイト". Dengeki Bunko (in Japanese). ASCII Media Works. Retrieved September 15, 2016.
- "エロマンガ先生(5) / 電撃文庫公式サイト". Dengeki Bunko (in Japanese). ASCII Media Works. Retrieved March 10, 2017.
- "エロマンガ先生(6) / 電撃文庫公式サイト". Dengeki Bunko (in Japanese). ASCII Media Works. Retrieved October 7, 2017.
- "Oreimo Author's Eromanga Sensei Light Novels Get Anime". Anime News Network. March 9, 2016. Retrieved March 9, 2016.
- "Aniplex USA to Simulcast Eromanga Sensei on Crunchyroll, Daisuki, Anime Strike (Updated)". Anime News Network. March 31, 2017. Retrieved December 19, 2017.
- "Eromanga Sensei Gets Original Video Anime in 2018". Anime News Network. November 12, 2017. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- "ClariS Performs Eromanga Sensei TV Anime's Opening Song". Anime News Network. February 10, 2017. Retrieved February 10, 2017.
- "Aniplex USA to Simulcast Eromanga Sensei on Crunchyroll, Daisuki, Anime Strike". Anime News Network. March 31, 2017. Retrieved March 31, 2017.
- "Eromanga Sensei" (in Japanese). Tokyo MX. Retrieved April 8, 2017.