The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for films. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Directed by||Dasari Narayana Rao|
|Produced by||Dasari Narayana Rao|
|Written by||Rajendra Kumar [dialogues]|
|Story by||N. Raghavan|
|Distributed by||24 Frames Factory (worldwide) |
Erra Bus (English: Red Bus) is a 2014 Indian Telugu film directed and produced by veteran actor and director Dasari Narayana Rao under his banner Tharaka Prabhu Films, it was his final film as director. The movie will feature Vishnu Manchu and Catherine Tresa in lead roles. Dasari Narayana Rao plays a crucial role in the movie. Chakri has composed the music for the movie while Anji has taken care of the cinematography. The movie is a remake of N. Ragavan’s Tamil film, Manjapai (2014). The principal photography of Erra Bus started on 28 July 2014 in Hyderabad. The audio launch of the movie was held on 31 October 2014.
The movie was released on 14 November 2014 to positive reviews.[needs update]
- Vishnu Manchu as Rajesh
- Catherine Tresa as Raji
- Dasari Narayana Rao
- M. S. Narayana
- Tirupathi Prakash
- Raghu Babu
In late June 2014, Dasari Narayana Rao acquired the remake rights of N. Ragavan's Manjapai from Thirrupathi Brothers. In mid-July 2014, it was confirmed that Dasari Narayana Rao himself would direct the film which marks his 151st film as a director while Chakri would compose the music for the film. The title of the film was declared as Errabus. Anji was selected as the cinematographer.
Dasari Narayana Rao stated in the end of June 2014 that he would reprise the role of grandfather played by Rajkiran in the original while Vishnu Manchu would play his grandson in the film. Catherine Tresa was selected as the heroine of the film which marks her first collaboration with both Vishnu and Narayana Rao respectively. Brahmanandam, M. S. Narayana, Krishnudu, Ali, Raghu Babu and Kasi Viswanath were included in the film's cast.
The principal photography began on 28 July 2014 in the outskirts of Hyderabad. A song was shot on Vishnu and Catherine at Ramoji Film City. The film's shooting continued at Film Nagar in Hyderabad. Later, the filming continued in Ramanaidu Studios in the second week of August 2014 and a scene featuring Catherine slapping Vishnu was shot there. After completing a long schedule on 20 September 2014 at Ramoji Film City the shooting continued at Ooty where two songs were shot on whose completion the film's principal photography came to an end.
Chakri was selected as the music director of the film which marked his only collaboration with Dasari Narayana Rao. This was one of the last projects which Chakri had worked before his death. Narayana Rao said in a press release that the film's soundtrack would feature six songs and the recording of the songs started on 18 July 2014 at Prasad Labs in Hyderabad. In an interview to The Hindu, Suddala Ashok Teja said that he is penning lyrics for the film's songs.
|1.||"Ey Challagaali Challagaali"||Bhaskara Bhatla||Venu Srirangam, Sravana Bhargavi||04:30|
|2.||"Ontariga Nuvvunte"||Dasari Narayana Rao||Vijay Yesudas||01:59|
|3.||"Om Namo Namo"||Bhaskara Bhatla||Simha||04:30|
|4.||"Ayyo Ayyo Thathayya"||Karunakaran||Suswara Jaswira, Madhura Swara||03:36|
|5.||"Navvamma Thalli Navvamma"||Suddala Ashok Teja||M. M. Keeravani||03:41|
|6.||"Aakasana Puduthaadu"||Dasari Narayana Rao||Vijay Yesudas||04:37|
- "24 frames factory bags 'Erra Bus' worldwide release rights". IndiaGlitz. 11 November 2014. Retrieved 11 November 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 30 October 2014. Retrieved 30 October 2014.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Vishnu Manchu's next titled Erra Bus". Times Of India. 16 July 2014.
- "Dasari-Vishnu's 'Errabus' regular shooting from 28th". IndiaGlitz. 19 July 2014.
- "'Errabus' hits the floor today - Telugu Movie News - IndiaGlitz.com". 28 July 2014.
- "Yerra Bassu Audio Launch and Release Dates". eenadu cinema. 29 October 2014. Archived from the original on 30 October 2014. Retrieved 30 October 2014.
- "Telugu Cinema News - Telugu Movie Reviews - Telugu Movie Trailers - IndiaGlitz Telugu".
- "Dasari picks up Manjapai Telugu rights". The Times of India. 21 June 2014. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "'Manjapai' as 'Erra Bus' in Telugu". IndiaGlitz. 15 July 2014. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Dasari Narayana Rao to direct Manchu Vishnu". IndiaGlitz. 26 June 2014. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Catherine Tresa cast opposite Vishnu Manchu". The Times of India. 14 July 2014. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Vishnu Manchu to romance Catherine". Deccan Chronicle. 16 July 2014. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Vishnu Manchu's Erra Bus rolls out". The Times of India. 28 July 2014. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Dasari-Vishnu's 'Errabus' fast progressing at RFC with Song". Super Good Movies. 31 July 2014. Archived from the original on 2 August 2014. Retrieved 31 July 2014.
- "Dasari's ERRABUS fast progressing in Filmnagar". Super Good Movies. 5 August 2014. Archived from the original on 12 August 2014. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- "A slap on Erra Bus". Deccan Chronicle. 11 August 2014. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- "Errabus heads to Ooty". 123telugu.com. 24 September 2014. Retrieved 26 September 2014.
- "Dasari Narayana Rao's 151 film Erra Bassu details". idlebrain.com. 19 July 2014. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- Srinivas, M. (24 August 2014). "Folk songs have clearly no regional barriers: Suddala". The Hindu. The Hindu. Retrieved 26 August 2014.