|Full name||Ersen Martin|
|Date of birth||23 May 1979|
|Place of birth||Marktredwitz, West Germany|
|Height||1.96 m (6 ft 5 in)|
|Playing position||Centre forward|
|1996–1998||1. FC Nürnberg|
|1998–1999||1. FC Nürnberg||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
He amassed Süper Lig totals of 256 games and 73 goals over the course of 12 seasons, in representation of ten clubs.
Born in Marktredwitz, West Germany, Ersen started playing in 1. FC Nuremberg, his Bundesliga input consisting in 20 minutes in a 0–1 away loss against SC Freiburg in 1998–99. After that sole season he switched to Turkey, going on to represent Beşiktaş JK, Siirtspor, Göztepe AS, Denizlispor and Ankaraspor.
In the 2006–07 campaign, Ersen represented Trabzonspor, finishing the season as the league's eighth best-scorer and helping his team finish fourth, good enough for qualification to the UEFA Cup. Subsequently, he had everything arranged with La Liga club Recreativo de Huelva in August 2007, but the deal eventually collapsed and he stayed at Trabzonspor; in October, FIFA stepped in and declared Ersen a player of the Spanish side– he had dual citizenship, but that status changed with 2007 changes in German laws and so, he eventually played his first season for the Andalusians as a foreign player.
On 3 February 2008, Ersen finally made his Recreativo debut, on a sour note as Sevilla FC won 2–1 away and he was sent off for a reckless challenge after just eight minutes as a substitute. On 27 April he got his first start and scored his first goal for Recre, also assisting Javier Camuñas in a 2–0 home win that sent Levante UD to the second division.
On 1 July 2009, Ersen signed a two-year deal with Sivasspor, ending speculation he would be joining Scotland's Heart of Midlothian. On 4 August he netted his first competitive goal for the club, in the third qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League: on the 12th minute of the second leg against R.S.C. Anderlecht he scored the team's first ever in the competition, in a 3–1 home win (3–6 on aggregate).
Ersen received his first cap for the Turkish national team on 18 August 2004, in a 1–2 friendly home loss to Belarus. He appeared in a further two internationals two years later, also in exhibition games.
- "La RFEF reconoce la legalidad del fichaje de Ersen Martin" [RFEF deems Ersen Martin signing legal]. Marca (in Spanish). 5 September 2007. Retrieved 13 June 2014.
- "Ersen Martin: "Jugar en el Recre es un sueño"" [Ersen Martin: "To play for Recre is a dream"]. Marca (in Spanish). 19 October 2007. Retrieved 13 June 2014.
- "Recreativo Huelva 1–2 FC Sevilla". ESPN Soccernet. 3 February 2008. Retrieved 9 November 2012.
- "Ersen Martin Recreativo Huelva'da ilk golünü attı" [Ersen Martin scores first goal for Recreativo Huelva]. Milliyet (in Turkish). 28 April 2008. Retrieved 9 November 2012.
- "Anderlecht stumble but still march on". UEFA.com. 4 August 2009. Retrieved 13 June 2014.