Eruption Drum and Bugle Corps
Eruption Drum and Bugle Corps logo
|Location||Gig Harbor, Washington|
|Uniform||Burgundy jacket w/black back, silver buttons
Black baldric w/silver trim
Black shoes and socks
Black shako w/silver trim, chain, badge
& burgundy plume
This section needs expansion with: additional detail & citations. You can help by adding to it. (July 2014)
The Eruption Drum and Bugle Corps was founded November 19, 2012 as a percussion ensemble called Eruption Percussion. Initially, they focused on building a drumline and front ensemble with the intent on becoming an Open Class drum corps.
In November 2013, they began recruiting to add brass and colorguard and moved rehearsals from the Kitsap Peninsula to Bonney Lake Washington.
After initially registering the corps as a SoundSport® unit, the corps' leadership applied to DCI for certification as an Open Class drum and bugle corps. After undergoing a period of evaluation of the unit's finances, staffing, and tour plans by DCI's staff, Eruption was approved in May as one of seven new or returning corps to enter DCI Open Class competition in 2014.
In its quest to remain a viable organization, the corps went inactive for the 2016 season in order to concentrate on building a more solid financial base and support structure.
The Eruption Drum and Bugle Corps is a 501 (c)(3) musical organization that has a Board of Directors, corps director, and staff assigned to carry out the organization's mission. Ryan McLain is the corps director.
Show Summary (2014–2015)
|2014||Burdens of Brilliance:
Inside the Mind of Mozart
|Symphony #25 in G minor (Allegro con brio), Concerto for Two Pianos in E♭ (Rondeau), Serenade #10 B♭ (3rd mvmt),
Requiem (Confutatis), Don Giovanni (a cenar teco, da qual tremore insolito)
All by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
|2015||Inferno||Inferno, Ascension & Paradiso (from The Divine Comedy) by Robert W. Smith|
- |"corps". Drum Corps International. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- "Influx of Open Class corps approved to participate in 2014 DCI Tour". Drum Corps International/ DCI.org. 21 May 2014. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- "About us". Eruption Drum and Bugle Corps. 30 June 2014. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- "Eruption Drum and Bugle Corps". Facebook. 30 June 2014. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- "Drums Along the Columbia set July 6 in Richland High stadium". Tri-City Herald. 2 July 2014.
- "Home". Eruption Drum and Bugle Corps. Retrieved 7 August 2016.
- "Song History for Eruption". Maher & Associates/corpsreps.com. Retrieved 7 Augtust 2016. Check date values in: