Esashi District, Iwate
- April 1, 1889 - Due to the municipal status enforcement, the following municipalities were formed. (1 town, 12 villages)
- April 1, 1954 (1 town, 9 villages)
- The villages of Kuroishi and Hada were merged with the town of Mizusawa, and the villages of Anetai, Shinjō and Sakurakawa (all from Isawa District) to create the city of Mizusawa.
- The village of Fukuoka was merged with the town of Kurosawaji, and the villages of Iitoyo, Futago, Saraki and Oniyanagi (all from Waga District), and the village of Aisari (from Isawa District) to create the city of Kitakami.
- February 10, 1955 - The town of Iwayadō, and the villages of Tawara, Fujisato, Ide, Yonesato, Tamasato, Yanagawa, Hirose, Inase and Odaki were merged to create the town of Esashi. (1 town)
- November 3, 1958 - The town of Esashi was elevated to city status to become the city of Esashi. Esashi District was dissolved as a result of this merger.
|明治22年以前||明治22年4月1日||明治22年 - 昭和19年||昭和20年 - 昭和64年||平成1年 - 現在||現在|