Esat Digifone licence controversy
The Moriarty Tribunal found evidence of collusion between Lowry and O'Brien: "There are three significant findings which are largely beyond dispute. They are:
- Denis O’Brien gave substantial sums of money to Fine Gael in order to make friends with people in the party.
This happened at a time when Fine Gael was in government and O’Brien was seeking a government decision in his favour.
- Michael Lowry sought to be involved, to a greater or lesser degree, in the licensing process, seeking information about it on a number of occasions
- Denis O’Brien, or persons close to him, subsequently sought to give large amounts of money to Michael Lowry."
- Email Us. "Would an INM write-down involve moral hazard? - The Irish Times - Wed, Mar 06, 2013". The Irish Times. Retrieved 2013-03-09.
- "The Sunday Business Post". Sbpost.ie. Retrieved 2013-03-09.