From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up escalation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Escalation is the process of increasing or rising, derived from the concept of an escalator. Specific uses of the term include:
- Cost escalation, an increase in the price of goods
- Conflict escalation, an increase in the intensity of a conflict
- Escalation of commitment, an aspect of game theory
- Privilege escalation, a computer security process
- Technological escalation, a technological version of an arms race
- Escalation (1968 Italian film), a 1968 Italian film
- Escalation (1968 animated film), a 1968 anti-Vietnam War animated cartoon, directed by Ward Kimball
- De-escalation, an attempt to quell conflict
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Escalation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.