Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up escalation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Escalation is the process of increasing or rising, derived from the concept of an escalator. Specific uses of the term include:
- Cost escalation, an increase in the price of goods
- Conflict escalation, an increase in the intensity of a conflict
- Escalation of commitment, an aspect of game theory
- Privilege escalation, a computer security process
- Technological escalation, a technological version of an arms race
- Escalation (1968 Italian film), a 1968 Italian film
- Escalation (1968 animated film), a 1968 anti-Vietnam War animated cartoon, directed by Ward Kimball
- Escalation Studios, an American video game developer
- De-escalation, an attempt to quell conflict
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Escalation.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.