Bethesda Game Studios Dallas
|Escalation Studios (2007–2018)|
|Industry||Video game industry|
Number of employees
Bethesda Game Studios Dallas LLC (formerly Escalation Studios) is an American video game developer based in Dallas, Texas, founded in 2007 by ex-Ritual Entertainment employees Tom Mustaine and Marc Tardif. The company was briefly owned by 6waves Lolaps in 2012 and was acquired by ZeniMax Media in February 2017. Since August 2018, Escalation is part of Bethesda Game Studios under the name Bethesda Game Studios Dallas.
Escalation Studios was founded in 2007 by Tom Mustaine and Marc Tardif, both of whom had previously worked at Ritual Entertainment. On January 18, 2012, it was announced that 6waves Lolapps acquired the company. However, in a blog post dated May 15, 2012, Escalation stated that they had become independent again.
On February 1, 2017, Escalation Studios was acquired by ZeniMax Media, the parent company of American publisher Bethesda Softworks. At QuakeCon 2018, Bethesda Game Studios' Todd Howard announced that Escalation Studios had been renamed to Bethesda Game Studios Dallas, becoming their fourth development studio.
- Grubb, Jeff (February 1, 2017). "Bethesda's parent company ZeniMax acquires Doom co-developer Escalation Studios". VentureBeat. Retrieved February 1, 2017.
- "6waves Lolapps Buys Mobile Games Developer Escalation Studios". TechCrunch. Retrieved August 12, 2018.
- "We're back baby". Escalation. May 15, 2012. Archived from the original on August 7, 2012. Retrieved August 12, 2018.
- McAloon, Alissa (August 10, 2018). "ZeniMax-owned Escalation Studios is now Bethesda Game Studios Dallas". Gamasutra. Retrieved August 10, 2018.
- O'Connor, Alice (February 1, 2017). "Doom helpers Escalation Studios join ZeniMax". Rock, Paper, Shotgun. Retrieved February 1, 2017.
|This United States video game corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|