Escorted tours are also known as Guided tours or Package Tours.
Escorted tours are normally conducted by a tour director who takes care of all services from the beginning to end of the tour. Escorted tours also normally include the flights, hotels, transportation, transfers to the airport/hotel, most meals and some sightseeing. Escorted tours are often conducted by motor coach and usually no more than three nights are spent in each location visited. They are usually fast-paced and prices include most everything.
- Motorcoach Tour Mart (1979), The best in escorted tours, USA and Canada via motorcoach and air, Grace J. Talmadge and Associates, retrieved 19 April 2013
- "Tours: a selection of escorted tours", International Travel News, Martin Publications, Inc, 29 (8): 94(1), 2004-10-01, ISSN 0191-8761
- Pond, Kathleen Lingle. The Professional Guide: Dynamics of Tour Guiding. New York: Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1993.
- Wynn, Jonathan R. The Tour Guide: Walking and Talking New York. Chicago: The University of Chicago Press, 2011.
- Wynn, Jonathan R. "City Tour Guides: Urban Alchemists at Work." City & Community 9, no. 2 (June 2010).
|This tourism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|