|Traded as||BSE: 500495|
|Founder||Har Prasad Nanda and Yudi Nanda|
|Nikhil Nanda (Chairman and Managing Director)|
|Products||Tractors, crop solutions, pick and carry cranes, backhoe loaders, vibratory compactors, railway brake systems, couplers|
Number of employees
|10,100 plus (2018)|
The Escorts Group is an Indian engineering company that operates in the sectors of agri-machinery, construction and material handling equipment, and railway equipment. Headquartered in Faridabad, Haryana, the company was launched in 1944 and has marketing operations in more than 40 countries. Escorts Group’s management team includes Nikhil Nanda as the Chairman and Managing Director.
- Escorts Agri Machinery, launched in 1960. The company manufactures tractors under the brand names of Farmtrac, Powertrac and Steeltrac.
- Escorts Construction Equipment
- Railway Equipment Division
- Knowledge Management Centre
- On 24 June 2015, the company signed a five-year deal with US-based IT firm Cognizant Technology Solutions. This deal is to bring digital transformation to all its business segments including agri-machinery, material handling and construction equipment and railway equipment.
- "How Nikhil Nanda is transforming Escorts to recapture it's lost ground".
- "Can Nikhil Nanda turn around Escorts". Business Standard Website. 21 January 2015.
- "Nikhil Nanda wants exports to drive growth". DNA Website. 18 August 2014.
- "Escorts forms JV with Amul Group for Specialised Tractors". Hindu Business Line. 13 April 2015.