Esfandiar Maasoumi (born March 5, 1950) is an econometrician and an economist. He is a Distinguished Professor at Emory University. He received his bachelor's degree, and masters, and PhD from the London School of Economics in 1977. He is fellow of the Royal Statistical Society, a Fellow of the American Statistical Association, and a fellow of the Journal of Econometrics. He is ranked in the Econometricians Hall of Fame. Maasoumi has served as Editor of Econometric Reviews since 1987. He has influential contributions in forecasting, specification analysis, information theory, multidimensional welfare/wellbeing, mobility and inequality. He has published more than 100 articles and reviews in the leading journals in economics.
- "A Modified Stein-like Estimator for the Reduced Form Coefficients of Simultaneous Equations". Econometrica. 46 (3): 695–703. May 1978. JSTOR 1914241.
- "The Measurement and Decomposition of Multidimensional Inequality". Econometrica. 54 (4): 991–997. July 1986. JSTOR 1912849.
- "Consistent Testing for Stochastic Dominance under General Sampling Schemes". The Review of Economic Studies. 72: 735–765. July 2005. doi:10.1111/j.1467-937x.2005.00350.x.
- "Consistent Testing for Stochastic Dominance under General Sampling Schemes (Corrigendum)". The Review of Economic Studies. 75: 333–337. January 2008.
- "A Compendium to Information Theory in Economics and Econometrics". Econometric Reviews. 1993.