|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Born||New Delhi, India[better source needed]|
|Title(s)||Femina Miss India International 2007|
|Femina Miss India 2007
Miss International 2007
Gupta was born in Punjab. Her father is a retired air-force officer and her mother is a homemaker. she has a sister named Neha. She was studying Mass Communication from Manipal Institute of Communication, Manipal University, Karnataka prior to auditioning for Femina Miss India, and got a law scholarship at Newcastle University, but she pursued a career in Bollywood instead.
Gupta made her Bollywood debut with Mahesh Bhatt's Jannat 2 opposite Emraan Hashmi in the lead role.  For her debut performance, Taran Adarsh of Boollywood Hungama said, "Debutante Esha Gupta enchants you with her captivating charm. She appears a tad unrefined at places, nonetheless she handles her part assertively." Martin D'Souza of Glam Sham wrote, "As for the debutante, Esha Gupta, I guess she may have to enroll herself into an acting school." Gaurav Malani stated, "Esha Gupta, who looks a mix between Lara Dutta and Isha Koppikar, is merely there for the glam quotient." Asha Mahadevan of Bollywoodlife said, "Even Esha Gupta manages to cry somewhat convincingly but then there is hardly anything for her to do. Her role is limited to looking sexy and she does it well." The film was a success at the box office, earning ₹430 million (US$6.3 million) domestically and thus brought in more recognition for Gupta. Later, Gupta signed Vikram Bhatt's Raaz 3D alongside her Jannat 2 co-star, Emraan Hashmi and Bipasha Basu, Gupta received mixed reviews from critics for her acting prowess, film critic Taran Adarsh commented, "Esha Gupta appears awkward and self-conscious in the initial portions, but holds a few sequences graciously in the subsequent hour. I'd like to single out a scene when she has delusions of cockroaches attacking her. Her act in that particular scene is super". Film critic Komal Nahta noted, "Esha Gupta is stiff as Sanjana but does much better towards the end (when she almost goes berserk)". India Today wrote, "Both Bipasha and Esha get liberal scope to show off booty. A Bhatt film where the heroines don't get to flaunt it is unimaginable, after all, Bipasha looks hot in her starring role but Esha reveals a few raw edges". 'Raaz 3' performed well at box office within first three days of its release with collections in the vicinity of 360 million. Raaz 3 was declared a blockbuster, earning ₹730 million (US$11 million) domestically.
Esha has also appeared in her third film, which is her first film outside of the Vishesh Films banner, Chakravyuh alongside Arjun Rampal and Abhay Deol directed by Prakash Jha. She received positive reviews for her performance in the film which was a commercial failure. For this, She was ranked No. 13 at Times' 50 Most Desirable Women of 2012.
In 2014, Esha was seen in Sajid Khan's Comic Caper Humshakals alongside Saif Ali Khan, Ritesh Deshmukh, Ram Kapoor, Bipasha Basu and Tamannaah. Box Office India declared it a "disaster". She was ranked at 8th position for Times '50 most desirable Women of 2013.
In 2015, Gupta was ranked at 15th position for Times '50 most desirable Wonen of 2014. In January 2015, She was featured in a Special Item Song Revealing the Dark side of the Movie in an Highly Appreciated Song Titled "Beparwah". After which She was Approached forNeeraj Vora's Hera Pheri 3. Shooting of the film will go on floors in Early of 2016 and film is Stated to release in August 2016. She also Appeared in Bhushan Kumar 's Video Album "Main Rahoon Ya Na Rahoon" Along Side her Debut Co-Star Emraan Hashmi. The video was Liked by all and was able to get Excellent Remarks from Critics as well. The video has more than 28 million views on YouTube. She has also committed to star in Tatineni Satya's Tamil/Telugu bilingual untitled film opposite Sachiin J Joshi
After a Good Response from her Video Album, She was signed by Neeraj Pandey for his upcoming Romantic thriller "Rustom" opposite Akshay Kumar and Alongside Ileana D'Cruz. She is said to play an Important Negative in the film Showcasing her grey shades, her role and looks from the film is said to be Inspired by Priyanka Chopra's role in "Aitraaz". She has already started searching for her looks to play a "Bad vamp". She had also been approached for an Item song Along-Side Saif Ali Khan and Shahid Kapoor in "Rangoon".
|2012||Jannat 2||Dr. Jhanvi Singh Tomar||Debut film. opposite Emraan Hashmi||Hindi|
|2012||Raaz 3D||Sanjana Krishna||opposite Emraan Hashmi||Hindi|
|2013||Gori Tere Pyaar Mein||Nisha||Special appearance in song "Dhat Teri Ki"||Hindi|
|2014||Humshakals||Dr. Shivani Gupta||Hindi|
|2015||Baby||Herself||Special appearance in song "Beparwah"||Hindi|
|2015||T-Series Video Album||Herself||First video song titled "Main Rahoon Ya Na Rahoon" by "T series", opposite Emraan Hashmi||Hindi|
|2016||Untitled film||TBA||Debut Bilingual film, opposite Sachiin J Joshi||Tamil/Telugu|
|2016||Hera Pheri 3||Anurada||Filming||Hindi|
|2016||Rangoon||Item Number||with Shahid Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan||Hindi|
|2016||Rustom||Negative Role||Opposite Akshay Kumar||Hindi|
|2012||National Geographic Channel India||Host|
|2012||C.I.D||Sony TV||Herself - To Promote Raaz 3D|
|2014||"Comedy Nights With Kapil"||Colors TV||Herself - To Promote Humshakals|
Awards and nominations
|2013||Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut||Jannat 2||Nominated|
|2013||Stardust Award for Superstar of Tomorrow – Female||Jannat 2 / Raaz 3||Nominated|
|2013||Stardust Award for Best Actress||Chakravyuh||Nominated|
||This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (August 2015)|
- 2013: FHM World's Sexiest 100 Women:#55
- 2013: Times of India's Hotlist 2012 Most Promising Female Newcomer: No. 5
- 2013: Times of India's Most Desirable Women of 2012 No. 13 out of 50.
- 2014: Times of India's Most Desirable Woman of 2013 No. 8 out of 50.
- 2015: Times of India's Most Desirable Women of 2014 No. 15 out of 50.
- "Esha Gupta Bio". Retrieved 24 December 2012.
- "Planet glamour Act II". Financialexpress.com. 13 August 2012. Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- "Celeb Fitness Mantras: Esha Gupta". iDiva. Retrieved 14 December 2012.
- "Esha and Neha Gupta at the launch of Omega's 'Ladymatic' watch at Taj Palace, Delhi on November 23, 2011". Photogallery.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "Bollywood wasn’t Esha Gupta’s first choice". Hindustan Times. 15 January 2013. Retrieved 10 April 2013.
- "Miss India Winners 2007 - Miss India - Title Holders - Femina Miss India - Indiatimes". Feminamissindia.indiatimes.com. 16 July 2012. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- "Esha Gupta - Femina Miss India 2007 Contestants - Indiatimes.com". Feminamissindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 14 August 2012.
- ninjas. "Sexy Kingfisher Calendar Girls | guylife.com | Page 4". guylife.com. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- "/ Emraan is USP of Jannat 2: Esha Gupta". Indiavision.com. 25 April 2012. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- "Jannat 2 (2012) | Hindi Movie Critic Review By Taran Adarsh". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- "Jannat 2 movie review". glamsham.com. 4 May 2012. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- Gaurav Malani (4 May 2012). "Jannat 2: Movie Review - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- "JANNAT 2 movie review: A gritty and unabashed potboiler". Bollywoodlife.com. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- "Raaz 3 (2012) | Hindi Movie Critic Review By Taran Adarsh". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- "Raaz 3 Movie Review | Emraan Hashmi, Bipasha Basu, Esha Gupta". Koimoi.com. 27 October 2012. Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- "Critics report: Raaz 3 gets mixed reviews". Hindustan Times. 7 September 2012. Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- "Movie review: Raaz 3 : Reviews, News - India Today". Indiatoday.intoday.in. 7 September 2012. Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- "‘Raaz 3′ has Fantastic Weekend, on a Record Breaking Spree at the Box Office". Koimoi.com. Retrieved 2 November 2012.
- Lalwani, Vickey (3 June 2013). "Sajid Khan replaces Jacqueline with Esha". Times of India. Retrieved 4 June 2013.
- http://m.indiaglitz.com/esha-gupta-to-make-her-telugu-debut-hindi-news-132903.html. Missing or empty
- Esha Gupta to host Supercars on National Geographic Channel, 4 September 2012
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Esha Gupta.|