|Eskişehir Air Base
Eskişehir Hava Üssü
|Owner||Turkish Air Force|
|Operator||1st Air Wing, 1st Air Force Command|
|Elevation AMSL||2,581 ft / 787 m|
Eskişehir Airport is home to the 1st Air Wing (Ana Jet Üs or AJÜ) of the 1st Air Force Command (Hava Kuvvet Komutanlığı) of the Turkish Air Force (Türk Hava Kuvvetleri). Other wings of this command are located in Konya (LTAN), Ankara Akıncı (LTAE), Bandırma (LTBG) and Balıkesir (LTBF).
Accidents and incidents
- On 1 August 1994, Douglas C-47A 6041 of Turkish Air Force was written off in an accident at Eskişehir Airport.
- Airport information for LTBI at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for LTBI at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- Scramble on the Web - Turkish Air Force Archived December 13, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- "6041 Accident description". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved 25 June 2010.