The port of Eskifjörður (in background) seen from the mine of Helgustaðir, in Reyðarfjörður
Location of the Municipality of Fjarðabyggð
|Time zone||GMT (UTC+0)|
Eskifjörður (in original Icelandic spelling), or also Eskifjördur, is a town and port in eastern Iceland with a large fishing industry. It has a population of 1,043 and constitutes one of the most populated small town part of the municipality of Fjarðabyggð.
Eskifjörður has one of the most beautiful rare stone collections in Iceland, with thousands of polished, cut and original stones from all over the island, privately owned but visitable.
- Einar Bragi, poet
- Political division
- Mainly statistical division
- Located in the Reyðarfjörður
- (Icelandic) Infos on Fjarðabyggð municipal website
- Becker, Kathleen (1 May 2009). Iceland. Baedeker. p. 162. ISBN 978-3-8297-6616-6. Retrieved 11 January 2011.
- "Rare Stone Collection". Visit Eskifjörður. 2015-04-17. Retrieved 2015-04-17.
Media related to Eskifjörður at Wikimedia Commons
- (English) Visit Eskifjordur tourist guide
- (English) Visit Eskifjordur Facebook Fan page for tourist information around Eskifjordur
- (Icelandic) Facebook Fan page about everything in Eskifjörður
- (Icelandic) Eskifjörður page on Fjarðabyggð municipal website
- Images of Eskifjörður on Flickr