This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Also known as||Elliot (1995–1997)|
|Origin||Fort Smith, Arkansas|
|Genres||Alternative rock Christian metal|
|Labels||Solid State, Day-Glo, Deadself|
|Associated acts||Living Sacrifice, Lovedrug, Unwed Sailor, Fear is the Driving Force, The Handshake Murders|
|Past members||Cory Brandan Putman|
Eso-Charis, originally called Elliot, was a Christian alternative rock band with hardcore and metalcore influences that formed in Fort Smith, Arkansas. Founding members, brothers Cory Brandan Putman and Matthew Putman, and Arthur Green, eventually went on to join the band Living Sacrifice. In late 1997, the band recorded their first and only full-length album with Bruce Fitzhugh of Living Sacrifice. The album was first produced independently, but was after leased to Day-Glo Records of Stockholm, Sweden. Later on, production of the album moved to Solid State Records, the same label as Living Sacrifice. Cory has stated that they most likely will not do a reunion. He also stated that after his brother and Green quit the band they added two guitarists, bassists, and drummers, with Cory and Jayson being the vocalists.
- Cory Brandan Putman – guitar, vocals (1995–2002) (Norma Jean, Fear Is the Driving Force, The Radio Sky, Living Sacrifice, The Handshake Murders,(Briefly))
- Matt Depper – lead guitar (1995–1996, 2002) (Lovedrug, Snailhuntr, Unwed Sailor)
- Jayson Kent Holmes – guitar, vocals (1997–2002) (The Handshake Murders)
- Gabriel Edmonds – bass guitar (1999–2002)
- Stephen McDonald – drums (1999–2002)
- Brandan stated in an interview the final lineup consisted of eight people, with two guitarists, two bassists, two drummers and Brandan and Holmes on vocals.
- Arthur Chester Green – bass guitar, backing vocals (1995–1999) (Living Sacrifice)
- Matthew Lee Putman – drums (1995–1999) (Living Sacrifice, Lovedrug, Snailhuntr, Unwed Sailor, Bear Colony, Fear Is the Driving Force, The Early Hours, Chase Pagan)
Vocalist Cory Brandan Putman live in 2007 with Norma Jean
- The Plateau Green (Independent, 1997)
- Eso-Charis (Solid State Records, 1998)
- Setting Roots for the Winter (7-inch record) (Deadself Records, 2000)
- Torreano, Bradley. "Eso-Charis Biography". AllMusic. Retrieved October 22, 2015.
- MacIntosh, Dan (2003) Eso-Charis – Their beginnings at the Wayback Machine (archive index). HM Magazine. Retrieved on May 8, 2016.
- Pratt, Greg (March 1, 2002). "Eso-Charis - Eso-Charis". Exclaim!. Retrieved October 12, 2015.
- DiNitto, Jay (May 27, 2010). "Norma Jean singer would rather wax his car that reunite old band". Noisecreep. Retrieved October 12, 2015.
- Brandan, Cory (August 23, 2015). "Cory Brandan of Norma Jean". Interviewed by Trav Turner. As The Story Grows. Retrieved November 19, 2015.
- "Eso-Charis". Eso-Charis.tripod.com. Retrieved October 11, 2015.