Espen Gaarder Haug
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Espen Gaarder Haug|
|Fields||option pricing and trading|
|Institutions||Norwegian University of Life Sciences (current), Norwegian University of Science and Technology, J.P. Morgan Chase, Chemical Bank, Paloma Partners, Den norske Bank|
|Alma mater||Norwegian University of Science and Technology (PhD), BI Norwegian Business School (Diplomokonom)|
|Thesis||Six Essays on Option Valuation and Trading (2006)|
|Known for||Applied Option Pricing|
|Notable awards||Contribution to Quantitative Finance (Implementation) Wilmott Magazine 2004|
Espen Gaarder Haug is an author, quantitative trader specializing in options and other derivatives. He is best known for his book The Complete Guide to Option Pricing Formulas, and is a regular columnist for Wilmott.
He has worked as a trader for J.P. Morgan Chase in New York City, Chemical Banking, Paloma Partners, Tempus Financial Engineering, and Den norske Bank. Haug is on the faculty of the Certificate in Quantitative Finance where he lectures on practical aspects of derivatives trading. He is also a professor of finance at the Norwegian University of Life Sciences.
Haug is the recipient of the 2004 Wilmott Award: Outstanding Contribution to Quantitative Finance (Implementation).
- Unified Revolution: New Fundamental Physics. Oslo: E.G.H. Publishing. 2014. ISBN 978-829-99703-03.
- The Complete Guide to Option Pricing Formulas 2nd edition. New York: McGraw-Hill. 2006. ISBN 0-07-138997-0.
- Derivatives: Models On Models. New York: John Wiley & Sons. 2007. ISBN 0-470-01322-2.
Representative scientific publications
- Haug, E.G. (2017): "*The ultimate limits of the relativistic rocket equation. The Planck photon rocket" Acta Astronautica, Vol 136.
- Haug, E.G. (2016): "The gravitational constant and the Planck units. A simplification of the quantum realm," Physics Essays, Vol 29. No. 4.
- Haug, E.G. and Taleb, N.N. (2011): "Option traders use (very) sophisticated heuristics, never the Black-Scholes-Merton formula," Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization
- Haug, E.G. and Stevenson, J. (2009): Options Embedded in Physical Money, Wilmott Magazine 1/2009
- Haug, E.G. and Taleb, N.N. (2008): Why We Have Never Used the Black-Scholes-Merton Option Pricing Formula, http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1012075, Wilmott Magazine 1/2008
- Haug, E.G. (2007): The Illusion of Risk-Free and the Deeper Meaning of Risk-Neutral Valuation" Wilmott Magazine, September
- Haug, E.G. (2005): Hidden Conditions and Coin Flip Blow Ups" Wilmott Magazine, Mar/Apr,
- Haug, E.G. (2004): Why so Negative to Negative Probabilities" Wilmott Magazine, September, see also negative probability
- Haug, E.G. (2004): Space-time Finance, The Relativity Theory's Implications for Mathematical Finance" Wilmott Magazine 
- Haug, E.G. and Javaheri, A. and Wilmott, P. (2004): GARCH and Volatility Swaps, Quantitative Finance, Volume 4
- Haug, E.G. (2001): Closed Form Valuation of American Barrier Options, International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance
- Haug, E.G. (1993): "Opportunities and Perils of Using Option Sensitivities," The Journal of Financial Engineering.
- Wilmott, Paul (2005). Best of Wilmott 2. New York: John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 0-470-01738-4.
- Photon Rockets Might Make Mars A Three Minute Trip, Forbes
- Only 3 Minutes To Get To Mars? That’s What A Photon Rocket Can Do!, The Wall Street Pit
- We May Be Able to Build a Rocket That Can Go 99.999% the Speed of Light, Futurism
- A theoretical physicist just found a way for us to reach Light Speed, Global futurist
- Trading with Aliens Chartered Magazine
- Harvard Business Review
- Personal website
- Interview with Espen Haug in french
- On Norwegian TV
- In Financial Times
- Discussion on Haug Taleb in Forbes
- Discussion in Financial Times, Haug and Taleb in relation to the Black-Scholes formula