Esperança (TV series)
|Created by||Benedito Ruy Barbosa|
|Starring||Reynaldo Gianecchini |
Ana Paula Arósio
Maria Fernanda Cândido
|Composer(s)||Gilbert, Laura Pausini, Alejandro Sanz and Fama Coral|
|Country of origin||Brazil|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||209 capítulos|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Original network||Rede Globo|
|Original release||17 June 2002 –|
14 February 2003
|Preceded by||O Clone|
|Followed by||Mulheres Apaixonadas|
|Site Memória Globo - Esperança Website|
1930s: Toni lives with his parents, Rosa and Genaro in Civita, a small town in Italy. He is in love with Maria, who dreams of building a family; and it also matches the love he feels for her. But this love is not approved by Giuliano, father of Maria, who does not accept his daughter's relationship with a boy of lower social class to it. Toni's communist uncle, Giuseppe, start telling him stories about life in Brazil. So Toni is enthusiastic about what you hear about Brazil and makes a decision: Traveling with Maria to São Paulo, so that together we can build the life they both dreamed. But Giuliano does not allow Maria to travel with Toni abroad and this gets to face it. Giuliano can prevent Mary shipment. Toni then embarks alone, but promises to return to seek Maria so able to stabilize in Brazil. After his departure, Maria discovers she is pregnant and is forced to marry Martino fascist. Toni travels with no idea of Maria's pregnancy.
Once he arrives in São Paulo, Toni finds work in a cabinet, Ezekiel's property, a Jew who helped him a lot and took him in his family home. No news of Maria, Toni soaking up the daughter of his boss, the Machiavellian Camilla and the two live a beautiful but conflicted romance. Martino, husband of Maria, engages in political conflicts, and feels obliged to leave Italy. The fate takes him in Brazil, and with it brings Maria and their son Martininho. But Martino is murdered, and Maria is a widow. When Toni and Maria are in Brazil, he is torn between her love and Camilla.
Debates and political discussions took place on the famous board of Marius. And those involved in them were college José Manoel, Philip, Mark and Rafael, debating recurring themes of the era in which they lived. José Manuel, a Portuguese student and dubbed "Murruga", falls in love with Nina, a nurse and working with strong ideals of struggle, strength and justice. She had become a volunteer at the field hospital to support the Paulistas fighters. In one of the battles José Manoel is injured, and is saved by care nurse, thus creating a beautiful and moving novel. Nina is the cousin Toni and works in a weaving factory. In addition to facing difficulties in their working day, it is still required to resist the harassment of boss Humberto, husband of the owner of the factory, Silvia. It encourages workers to fight for salary increases and gets to be arrested for leading a general strike.
The issue of land per fight is shown in the plot, through Vincenzo, Adolfo and Farina. They buy the land barons of failed decadent coffee after the crash of the New York Stock Exchange in 1929 and live a close contest with the Frances widow for possession of a farm in São Paulo. The Baroness does not accept that foreigners become landowners in Brazil. Manages its business very tightly, and so it is called by everyone "Francisca Iron Hand". Throughout history, Frances discovers that her late husband had a daughter with a slave. But the biggest surprise is when she discovers that this daughter is Julia, one of the servants of the house. At one point, the farmer gets involved with the Italian Farina, a bad-character shaking that is only interested in his fortune. After being responsible for the admission of Mauritius in a hospice and Beatriz keep in captivity, Farina is killed by the inhabitants of the farm, into a trap that was planned for them all.
A love square is formed in the plot, and are part of Mauritius and Beatriz, Francisca's children, and Caterina and Marcello, children of Vincenzo and Constancia. Their encounter is when Maurice and Beatrice take the initiative to alphabetize all the children of the settlers of the region in which they lived, and among the children of settlers were Caterina and Marcello. At first these novels were disapproved by Francisca. Over time, Mauritius can conquer Catherine and marry her, and the two end up having a son. Have Marcello takes a little longer to win the love of Beatrice.
At the end of the novel, Genaro is murdered by fundamentalists who planned to kill Toni. He dies in his son's arms. Toni and Maria end together next to Martininho, Italy, and rediscover nonna Luiza, who had disappeared. And Camilla takes over the weaving factory, this time, working and acting as a good administrator. In the final scenes of the last chapter, we can see a jump in history to 2000 and shows Toni, Maria and Camilla elderly.
|Ana Paula Arósio||Camilla|
|Maria Fernanda Cândido||Nina|
|Simone Spoladore||Catarina Maria Tranquili|
|Othon Bastos||Vincenzo Tranquili|
|Lúcia Veríssimo||Francisca Helena|
|Emílio Orciollo Netto||Marcello Tranquili|
|Regina Maria Dourado||Mariúsa|
|Cosme dos Santos||Chiquinho Forró (Alcides)|
|José Augusto Branco||Barão Marcílio de Albuquerque|
|Zé Victor Castiel||Gaetano|
|Miriam Freeland||Beatriz Francine de Albuquerque|
|Denise Del Vecchio||Soledad|
|Sheron Menezes||Julia de Silve|
|Tadeu di Pietro||Delegate Homero|
|Nuno Lopes||José Manoel|
|Chica Xavier||Nhá Rita|
|Cláudio Correa e Castro||Agostihno|
- Amílton Monteiro - Dr. Paco Valdez
- Ana Lúcia Torre - Gareth Peirce
- Antônio Fragoso - Giovanni Messe
- Antônio Gonzales - Ugo Cavallero
- Beatriz Segall - Antônia
- Camilo Bevilacqua - registrar
- Charles Myara - Arturo Riccardi
- Charles Paraventi - Giuseppe Conlon
- Débora Olivieri - Mira
- Edgard Amorim - Raul
- Eduardo Mancini - Amadeu
- Elias Gleizer - João Alfaiate
- Emiliano Queiróz - Padre Denizard
- Gianfrancesco Guarnieri - Pelegrini
- Gilberto Marmorosch - Genaro friend
- Gracindo Júnior - Miguel
- Ida Gomes - Míriam
- José Augusto Branco - Marcílio
- José Lewgoy - Father Romão
- Júlia Lemmertz - Geovanna Tornatore
- Kenya Costa - Noêmia
- Luís de Lima - Antônio
- Luiz Guilherme - Delegate Silveira
- Mário César Camargo - Giuseppe Tornatore
- Mássimo Ciavarro - Luigi
- Milton Warlei - Camilli suitor
- Pietro Mário - Meneguetti
- Plínio Soares - Axel Bauer
- Rennata Bianco - Store lady piano
- Roberto Pirillo - broker
- Samura del Castel - Fiorella
- Xando Graça - Frederico
- Redação Memória Globo (2003). "Memória Globo - Ficha técnica novela Esperança". Rede Globo (in Portuguese). Archived from the original on 24 February 2009. Retrieved 10 January 2012.
- Redação Paraná Online (15 June 2002). "Parece continuação, mas não é". Paraná Online (in Portuguese). Notícias.
- Vaz, Aniella (11 February 2003). "Com trama confusa, Esperança chega ao fim com destaque ao elenco". Terra (in Portuguese). Gente & Tv.
- Bentemüller, Alexsandra (21 November 2002). "Oscar Magrini e Ranieri Gonzalez, de Esperança, sofrem acidente". Terra (in Portuguese). Gente & Tv. Retrieved 10 January 2012.
- Valladares, Ricardo (4 September 2002). "O rei do cortiço: O "murruga" se deu bem: Nuno Lopes, de Portugal, faz sucesso na novela Esperança". Revista Veja Online (in Portuguese). Artes e Espetáculos. Retrieved 10 January 2012.