|Minister of Justice|
February 11, 2005 – March 10, 2008
|Succeeded by||Maria Benvida Levy|
Machavela was appointed as Minister of Justice by President Armando Guebuza on February 11, 2005, when Guebuza named his new government shortly after taking office. Prior to her appointment, she had worked for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and had served as an ambassador to Portugal. She was removed from office (along with foreign minister Alcinda Abreu and transport minister Antonio Munguambe) on March 10, 2008, and was succeeded by Maria Benvida Levy, a former judge of the Maputo City Court.
- Owen, Olly (2005-02-14). "New-Mozambican President Fills Cabinet Holes, Appoints Regional Governors". World Markets Analysis. World Markets Research Centre.
- "Guebuza Completes His Government". Agencia de Informacao de Mocambique. AllAfrica, Inc. 2005-02-11.
- "Mozambique Ministers". Worldwide Guide to Women in Leadership. 2008-03-12. Retrieved 2008-04-06.
- "Mozambique: Guebuza Reshuffles Government". AllAfrica.com. 2008-03-11. Retrieved 2008-04-06.
- "Moz president 'does it again'". Independent Online. 2008-03-11. Retrieved 2008-04-06.
|This article about a politician from Mozambique is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|