Esperanto in Malaysia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Activity in the 2010s
JCI, Teluk Intan branch conducted an elementary course in March, 2012.
Aik Keow Ex-pupils' Association in Teluk Air Tawar, Seberang Prai, Penang conducted a 4-hour Introductory course for the members as well as non members in December, 2012
Reasons for the lack of popularity
- Local media rarely cover related activities. Coverage in Chinese-language media is mainly on local pages.
- Loyar Burok is the only strong supporter of Esperanto activities in Malaysia.
- Esperanto Club of San Min in Teluk Intan-o issued 4 sets of commemorate stamps.
- Esperanto Club of San Min, Junior Chamber International (JCI), Teluk Intan branch and simpla-vivo.com printed 1000 postcards.
- Malaysia Esperanto Studies Group (MESG) printed 4,000 postcards.
- In conjunction with its 10th Anniversary, Universiti Tuanku Abdul Rahman (UTAR) arranged a talk by Sinjoro ENG on the Perak main campus.