This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Isidro Chávez Espinoza|
|Born||29 October 1981|
Angostura, Sinaloa, Mexico
|Labels||Universal Music Group (2004 - 2011) Viernes Music (2011 - Present)|
Isidro Chávez Espinoza (born 29 October 1981 in Angostura, Sinaloa, Mexico), better known as Espinoza Paz, is a Latin Grammy nominated Mexican musician and composer of Mexican Regional music, specializing in the styles of Banda, Norteño and Mariachi.
Espinoza Paz (Isidro Chavez Espinoza) was born on 29 October 1981 in La Angostura, a small town in the north of the state of Sinaloa, Mexico. He was 11 years old when he wrote his first song, which was dedicated to a girl on whom he had a crush. By the time he was 13, he had already written 20 songs; however, it wasn’t until his father sent him money from the United States that he decided to buy his first guitar and teach himself to play it. In 1996, he emigrated to Sacramento, California, where his love for music grew while he earned a living washing tomatoes and picking oranges, olives and grapes in Dixon, California. Several months later, he decided to return to Mexico, where he suffered the hardest experience of his life: the passing of his mother, Mrs. Maria de la Paz Espinoza. From that point on, Paz embarked on what seemed like a never-ending journey to become a successful musician. He returned to the United States and worked as a gardener in Oregon for about a year. Tired of traveling, he then decided to concentrate on his career as a songwriter, and being convinced of his calling, he returned to Mexico once again. His "muse" was a friend from California, Daniel sheree kent . Their platonic relationship inspired many of his songs. For the next eight years he knocked on doors and sang in regional bands, always looking for "the opportunity" as he poured his feelings and experiences into his songs.
His big break came when he showed some of his creations to "El Coyote" - a popular Sinaloan banda singer — who recorded his songs "Besitos En El Cuello" ("Little Kisses On The Neck"); "Prohibido" ("Forbidden"); and "Para Impresionarte" ("To Impress You"), all of which immediately became hits.
In December 2006, Paz met Martin Fabian, a well-known personality within the radio and music industry, who immediately foresaw the extraordinary talent within the young singer-songwriter. They soon began collaborating on his debut album "Paz En Tu Corazón" (literally, "Peace In Your Heart"—the title being a wordplay on his name). This project was released in 2007 in association with Nueva Generacion Music Group. Another independently released album, "Amigo Con Derechos" ("Friend With Benefits"), followed in 2008 before Paz was offered a recording contract with the major label Universal Latino, which released his first major label album "El Canta Autor del Pueblo" ("The Village Singer-Songwriter") in 2008 on its Machete Music subsidiary. This album featured eight previously released favorites such as "El Celular" ("The Cell Phone") and "Amigo con Derechos" ("Friend With Benefits") plus four new recordings. The single from this album, "El Proximo Viernes" ("Next Friday") reached #14 on Billboard Magazine's "Hot Latin Tracks" chart.
Soon Paz was penning songs for a long list of regional Regional artists, including Sergio Vega, La Arrolladora Banda El Limón, Banda Cuisillos, Julio Chaidez, Banda de Jerez, Jenni Rivera, Chuy Lizarraga, Adair Elizalde, El Potro de Sinaloa, Calibre 50, Montez de Durango, Julión Álvarez, El Chapo de Sinaloa, and Duelo, among numerous others.
In 2010 he released the album "Del Rancho Para El Mundo" which included the smash hit "Al Diablo Lo Nuestro". The album was nominated for a Latin Grammy Award and was certified Gold. In 2011 he released another Gold selling album: "Canciones Que Duelen". This album debuted at #1 on the Billboard Latin Albums Chart and included the hit single "Para No Perderte". The album was also released in a deluxe version with a DVD containing several Live performances.
In 2012 he released "Un Hombre Normal", a compilation album featuring some of his biggest hits, remixes and several new recordings. The title track would eventually reach #1 on the Latin Charts. During this time Paz decided to release an album of all Mariachi songs with the group Mariachi Sol De Mexico. The album which was originally titled "Las Facturas del Destino" was re-titled and was not released until 2016.
In 2012, Paz shocked fans by saying he was going to retire, after a lawsuit from his former manager. In early 2014 he switched labels from "Nueva Generacion Music Group" to "Anval Music". During this time Paz's popularity began to decline and although he released numerous singles, he did not release a studio album until 2016.
|Year||Title||Album details||Peak chart positions||Certifications|
|2008||El Canta Autor Del Pueblo||
|2009||Yo No Canto, Pero Lo Intentamos||
|2010||Del Rancho Para el Mundo||
|2011||Canciones Que Duelen||
|Un Hombre Normal|
|No Pongan Esas Canciones|
- 2004: Prohibido Perder
- 2007: Paz En Tu Corazon
- 2008: Amigos Con Derechos
- 2008: Mis Exitos Con Tololoche
- 2010: Mis Canciones Con Amor
- 2011: 15 Top Hits: Espinoza Paz
- 2011: Exitos Romanticos
- 2012: Enamorado Del Pueblo
- 2012: Un Hombre Normal
- 2012: Amigos De Espinoza Paz
- 2012: 16 Exitos De Oro
- 2016: "Para Mi Ex" (Digital Only)
- 2018: Mujer
- 2019: Hombre
- El Paletero
- Te Compro
- Besitos En El Cuello
- "No Se"
- 2010 "No Llega el Olvido" (featuring Jenni Rivera)
- 2010: "24 Horas" (featuring David Bisbal) - Sin Mirar Atrás (24 Horas + Edition)
- 2011 "Te La Pasas" (featuring Tito Torbellino)
- 2012: "Asi O Mas" (featuring María José) - Un Hombre Normal
- 2012: "Me Voy" (featuring Paulina Rubio)
- 2012 "Siempre en Mi Mente" (featuring Juan Gabriel)
- 2013 "Te Pudiera Decir" (featuring Gerardo Ortiz)
- 2014 "Eres la Persona Correcta" (featuring Río Roma y Luis Coronel)
- 2015 "Sin Esencia" (featuring Nartoomid)
- 2017 "Llévame" (feat. Freddo)
- 2017 "Tan Enamorados" (featuring Ricardo Montaner)
- 2017 "Como Una Pelota" (featuring. Jhonny Rivera)
- 2019 "Tiene Razón la Lógica" (featuring La Arrolladora Banda el Limón)
- Garibay, Daniel (15 November 2014). "Espinoza Paz Abre Su Alma". Vivelo Hoy (in Spanish). Agencia Reforma. Retrieved 16 July 2014.
- Espinoza Paz Albums on Billboard 200 Billboard. Retrieved 2010-11-22
- Espinoza Paz Albums on Billboard Top Latin Albums Billboard. Retrieved 2010-11-22
- Espinoza Paz Albums on Billboard Regional Mexican Albums Billboard. Retrieved 2010-11-22
- "Espinoza Paz Discography - Mexican Albums Chart". Mexicancharts. Archived from the original on 21 March 2012. Retrieved 22 November 2010.
- "American certifications – "Paz, Espinoza"". Recording Industry Association of America.