This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (September 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Espiridion Laxa (December 18, 1929 – September 15, 2009) was a Filipino lawyer and film producer. He founded Tagalog Ilang-Ilang Productions and served as an official for several film festivals and associations.
Laxa was a lawyer who was a senior partner at Laxa, Mapile & Associates. In the film world he served as an official for the Metro Manila Film Festival, the Philippine Motion Picture Producer Association, the Film Academy of the Philippines, and the Motion Picture Anti-Film Piracy Council Inc.
Filmography (TIIP) Tagalog Ilang-Ilang Productions
- Darna vs. the Planet Women (1975) starred Vilma Santos & Zandro Zamora
- Darna and the Giants (1974) starred Vilma Santos, Divina Valencia, etc.
- King Khayam and I (1974) starred Joseph Estrada, Vilma Santos, etc.
- You Are My Destiny(1973) starred Victor Wood & Amapola (Maria Cabase)
- Kampanerang kuba (1973) starred Vilma Santos, Edgar Mortiz, etc.
- Mr. Lonely (1972) starred Victor Wood & Amapola (Maria Cabase)
- Don't Ever Say Goodbye (1972) starred Vilma Santos & Edgar Mortiz
- Armalite Commandos (1968) No available information
- Bigat ng kamay (1968) No available information
- Karate Fighters (1968) starred Tony Ferrer, Victor Bravo, Daisy Romualdez
- Masters of Karate (1968) starred Victor Bravo, Tony Ferrer, Gina Laforteza
- Raton Ariel (1968) starred Anna Gonzales, Jess Lapid, Steve Alcarado, etc.
- The Blackbelter (1968) starred Tony Ferrer, Eddie Garcia, Gina Laforteza, etc.
- The Crimebuster (1968) starred Tony Ferrer, Eddie Garcia, Gina Laforteza, etc.
- Labanang lalake! (1965) starred Joseph Estrada, Jess Lapid, Perla Bautista, etc.
- Sa kamay ng mga kilabot (1965) starred Joseph Estrada, Larry Silva, etc.
- Pambato (1964) starred Joseph Estrada and a full cast
- Kung hindi ka susuko...! (1963) starred Fernando Poe Jr., Joseph Estrada, Max Alvarado
- Isputnik vs. Darna (1963) starred Nida Blanca, Tony Ferrer, Liza Morena, etc.
- Basagulero (1963) Max Alvarado, Joseph Estrada, Menchu Morelli.
- Patapon (1963) starred Joseph Estrada, Jess Lapid, Perla Bautista, etc.
- Markang rehas (1962) No available information
- Hari ng mga maton (1962) Joseph Estrada with a full cast
- Tondo Boy (1962) starred Joseph Estrada, Melinda Molina, Max Alvarado, Vicente Liwanag.
- Baril sa baril (1961) Fernando Poe Jr., Joseph Estrada, Perla Bautista, Isabelle Lopez.
- Lifetime Achievement Award (Film Academy of the Philippines)
- Dr. Ciriaco Santiago Memorial Award (FAMAS)
- Manila's 1993 Awardee (Patnubay ng Sining at Kalinangan)
- Flavio Macaso Memorial Award (FAMAS)
Espiridion Laxa died on September 15, 2009 of cardiac arrest related to prostate cancer. He was 79 years old.
- Godinez, Bong (September 16, 2009). "Film producer Atty. Espiridion Laxa succumbs to prostate cancer". Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- Sangil, Max (August 6, 2012). "The Laxa Brothers of Macabebe". Sun Star. Retrieved 18 January 2014.
- Notice of Laxa's death, ibid.