Esporte Clube XV de Novembro (Piracicaba)
|Full name||Esporte Clube XV de Novembro|
|Founded||November 15, 1913|
|Stadium||Estádio Barão de Serra Negra|
|Head coach||Luiz Carlos Ferreira|
|League||Campeonato Paulista Série A1|
Esporte Clube XV de Novembro, or XV de Piracicaba as they are usually called, is a Brazilian football team from Piracicaba, São Paulo state, founded in 1913. XV are considered to be one of the best teams in the state of São Paulo.
During the 1910s, there were two important amateur football clubs in Piracicaba, Vergueirense, owned by Pousa family, and 12 de Outubro, owned by Guerrini family. In October 1913, the clubs' owners decided to merge both clubs. Captain Carlos Wingeter, of the Brazilian National Guard and who was also a dental surgeon, was appointed as the new club's first president. He accepted the task only if the club was named XV de Novembro (November 15), after the Brazilian Proclamation of Republic day.
On November 15, 1913, the club was founded as Esporte Clube XV de Novembro.
In 2011, XV de Piracicaba was Série A2 champion after beating Guarani on penalty shoot outs after a draw score of 2–2 on the regular and extra time and gained again access to the São Paulo State First Division (Série A1) after 16 years.
In 2016, XV de Piracicaba was relegated from the São Paulo State First Division (Série A1) after 4 seasons in the top flight of the state competition. In the second semester of 2016, XV de Piracicaba won the Copa Paulista (one of top divisions of teams in who don't play in the top 4 leagues of the Brazilian Championship) for the first time in the club's history being awarded a spot in the Série D of the Brazilian Championship in 2017.
- Runners-up (1): 1976
- 1947, 1948, 1967, 1983, 2011
- 1931, 1932
As of January 2015
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
XV de Piracicaba's home stadium is Estádio Barão de Serra Negra, inaugurated in 1965, with a maximum capacity of 26,528 people. In the 2nd Semester of 2007, the stadium has undergone a structural renovation in order to allow its safe use.
- Enciclopédia do Futebol Brasileiro, Volume 1 – Lance, Rio de Janeiro: Aretê Editorial S/A, 2001.
- (Portuguese) Esporte Clube XV de Novembro (Piracicaba) at Arquivo de Clubes
- 1947 Campeonato Paulista Second Level at RSSSF
- 1977 Campeonato Brasileiro First Division at RSSSF
- 1979 Campeonato Brasileiro First Division at RSSSF Archived October 31, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- 1995 Campeonato Brasileiro Série C Archived February 7, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20101204122704/http://xvpiracicaba.com.br/?page_id=62. Archived from the original on December 4, 2010. Retrieved June 8, 2011. Missing or empty
- (Portuguese) Estádio Barão de Serra Negra at Templos do Futebol
- XV de Piracicaba official website
- (Portuguese) Esporte Clube XV de Novembro (Piracicaba) at Times Brasileiros
- Especial Placar – 500 Times do Brasil, São Paulo: Editora Abril: 2003.
- (Portuguese) XV de Piracicaba's Official Website