|Slogan||Movidos por sonhos|
("Driven by dreams")
|Headquarters||Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Owner||Turner Broadcasting System Latin America|
|Launched||Esporte Interativo BR:|
January 20, 2007
January 5, 2014
Esporte Interativo 2:
July 25, 2015
|Closed||September 25, 2018|
|Former names||Esporte Interativo BR:|
TV Esporte Interativo (2007-2014)
Esporte Interativo (2014-2017)
Esporte Interativo Nordeste (2014-2015)
EI Maxx (2015-2017)
Esporte Interativo 2:
Esporte Interativo Max (2015)
EI Maxx 2 (2015-2017)
|NET||Channel 576 (EI HD)|
Channel 577 (EI 2 HD)
|Oi TV||Channel 166 (EI BR HD)|
Channel 169 (EI HD)
Channel 171 (EI 2 HD)
|Vivo TV||Channel 57 (EI SD)|
Channel 58 (EI BR SD)
|Claro TV||Channel 76 (EI SD)|
Channel 77 (EI 2 SD)
Channel 576 (EI HD)
Channel 577 (EI 2 HD)
|Nossa TV||Channel 33 (EI SD)|
Channel 56 (EI 2 HD)
|SKY||Channel 202 (EI BR SD)|
Channel 203 (EI SD)
Channel 603 (EI HD)
Channel 604 (EI 2 HD)
|StarOne C1||Frequency: 3991|
Symbol Rate: 4686
|StarOne C2||C Band: 4170|
L Band: 960
|Vivo TV||Channel 577 (EI BR HD)|
Channel 578 (EI HD)
Channel 579 (EI 2 HD)
|Esporte Interativo Plus||www.esporteinterativoplus.com.br|
Esporte Interativo (EI) (English: Interactive Sport) is a subsidiary of WarnerMedia in Brazil responsible for sports broadcasts on TNT and Space channels in the country and for operating its over-the-top subscription service EI Plus. EI also often makes sports broadcasts on Facebook Live and YouTube, specially from UEFA Tournaments.
EI started as a television channel, inaugurated on January 20, 2007 with the live broadcast of a Premier League match between Chelsea and Liverpool. From 2015, it became part of Turner Broadcasting System Latin America. Turner announced in 2018 the discontinuation of all EI channels in Brazil. Part of the programming, such as the exhibition of national and international football championships, started to be shown on the brazilian versions of TNT and Space channels. As of 2020, Esporte Interativo remains with its programming in social media and in the EI Plus web service.
Partnership with RedeTV! and Rede Bandeirantes
The plan of the Esporte Interativo channel started in 2004, when the marketing agency TopSports launch the brand Esporte Interativo and established a partnership with the TV network RedeTV! to broadcast sports events like English Premier League, UEFA Champions League and NBA. In September 2004, after fights between TopSports and RedeTV!, the partnership was broken. Esporte Interativo took their events to Rede Bandeirantes, in three years of partnership it broadcast events like UEFA Champions League, La Liga, English Premier League and Lega Calcio.
Own channel and growth
On January 20, 2007 the Esporte Interativo channel started to broadcast free-to-air on satellite Star One C2, on the frequency 980 MHz vertical, replacing Amazon Sat. On June 10, 2010 the Esporte Interativo channel started to broadcast in São Paulo, channel 36 UHF, and was created the Rede Esporte Interativo, to debut the network an interview with Brazilian president, Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, was aired. In 2011 the network renewed the broadcast rights for the UEFA Champions League, and gained the broadcast rights for UEFA Super Cup and UEFA Europa League. To celebrate the 5th birthday of the channel, was opened a new studio in São Paulo.
In July 2012, Esporte Interativo launched their new SVOD multiplatform product EI Plus in partnership with Log On, and in October, closed a partnership with Yahoo! Brasil and they launched a new sports website, the Yahoo! Esporte Interativo.
In August was announced a new channel of the network, the Esporte Interativo Nordeste, a regional sports network dedicated for the sports from Brazilian northeast, and the acquisition of six state's championships of the region.
Full purchase by Turner and third channel
In early 2015, Turner Broadcasting Company, the television arm of Time Warner, has closed a total purchase of Esporte Interativo, acquiring the part that was owned by Top Sports, Edgar Diniz marketing agency.
From January 26, 2015, when the contract was signed, Turner started to control the entire channel. The programmer provides high investments and a new time in EI, particularly in the technical apparatus. 2015 also saw the debut of a new channel, EI Max. Soon after, EI Nordeste was renamed EI Maxx and EI Max became EI Maxx 2.
As of July 1, 2017, EI Maxx was renamed Esporte Interativo and EI Maxx 2 was renamed Esporte Interativo 2. As a result, the free-to-air channel was renamed Esporte Interativo BR. In addition to the nomenclature change, the three channels also get a new graphic project.
End of the EI channels, moving to TNT and Space
On August 9, 2018, the channel announced on its Facebook page the deactivation of all of their TV channels in 40 days and moving all of their sports events to TNT and Space channels in Brazil, on their social media and on the over-the-top service EI Plus.
- Campeonato Brasileiro Série A (select teams)
- Campeonato Brasileiro Série C (until 2018)
- Campeonato Brasileiro Série D (until 2018)
- Campeonato Alagoano (until 2019)
- Campeonato Cearense (until 2019)
- Campeonato Maranhense (until 2019)
- Campeonato Paraibano (until 2019)
- Campeonato Piauiense (until 2019)
- Campeonato Potiguar (until 2019)
- Campeonato Sergipano (until 2019)
- Copa do Nordeste (until 2019)
- Copa Verde (until 2019)
- UEFA Champions League
- UEFA Europa League  (until 2019)
- UEFA Nations League (until 2019)
- UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying
- 2018 FIFA World Cup qualification (CONCACAF)
- Coupe de France
- Indian Super League
- World Judo Championships (until 2019)
MMA, Kickboxing and Pro Wrestling (until 2019)
- ONE Championship
- Bellator Fighting Championship 2 hours delayed. live Bellator events are exclusive on Fox Sports
- World Series of Fighting
- Legacy Fighting Championship
- M-1 Global
- Shooto Brazil
- Wako GP Brazil
- TNA Impact Wrestling
- TNA Xplosion
- TNA One Night Only
- Xtreme Fighting Championships
Motorsport (until 2019)
- 2007–08: Agora, muito mais emoção! (Now, much more excitement!)
- 2008, 2010: Aqui an emoção não para! (The excitement never stops!)
- 2009: Sem limite para a sua emoção! (No limit for your excitement!)
- 2009: Rio 2016, O Esporte Interativo apoia e você? (Rio 2016, The Esporte Interativo supports, and you?)
- 2010–12: Esporte Interativo, paixão ao alcance de todos! (Esporte Interativo, passion within everyone's reach!)
- 2012: Esporte Interativo, 5 anos torcendo junto com você. (Esporte Interativo, 5 years cheering along with you.)
- 2013: Esporte Interativo, nordestino de coração! (Esporte Interativo, from northeast by heart!)
- 2013 Copa do Nordeste: Esporte Interativo, o nordeste merece. (Esporte Interativo, the northeast deserves it.)
- 2013–15: Esporte Interativo, emoção que o Brasil merece. (Esporte Interativo, the emotion Brasil deserves.)
- 2015–17: Esporte Interativo, aqui é com emoção de verdade. (Esporte Interativo, here is with real emotion)
- 2017–18: Esporte Interativo, movido por sonhos. (Esporte Interativo, moved by dreams)
- Papo de Bola - Cinco anos da TV Esporte Interativo Archived 2012-01-23 at the Wayback Machine
- Blog da Diretoria - Atenção vai começar a Rede Esporte Interativo de Televisão. Archived 2013-04-30 at the Wayback Machine
- UEFA Remaining media rights deals for UEFA Champions League 2012-15 announced in Brazil
- UEFA - Media rights deals for 2012-15 UEFA Europa League awarded in Brazil
- Blog da Diretoria - Esporte Interativo faz 5 anos e estreia estúdio em São Paulo Archived 2012-01-26 at the Wayback Machine
- Radar On-Line - Capital estrangeiro
- Blog #oNordesteMerece - Vem aí o Esporte Interativo Nordeste
- Na Telinha - Turner compra totalidade do canal Esporte Interativo; veja detalhes.
- "Esporte Interativo muda nome de seus canais fechados; EI MAXX chega a nove operadoras". www.esporteemidia.com (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2015-08-18.
- "Turner muda nome dos canais EI Maxx". www.esporteemidia.com (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2020-08-14.
- "Esporte Interativo". www.facebook.com (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- Blog da Diretoria - Copa do Nordeste voltou, e agora é pra ficar. Archived 2012-04-21 at the Wayback Machine
- Blog da Diretoria - Esporte Interativo acquire direitos da Europa League por três anos. Archived 2012-04-21 at the Wayback Machine
- "ELeague será transmitido pelo Esporte Interativo e terá campeonatos de Street Fighter V". IGN Brasil (in Portuguese). 23 March 2017.
- Official website (in Portuguese)