TNT Sports (Brazil)
|Headquarters||Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Owner||WarnerMedia News & Sports|
|Launched||Esporte Interativo BR:|
January 20, 2007
January 5, 2014
Esporte Interativo 2:
July 25, 2015
January 8, 2021
|Closed||September 25, 2018 (Esporte Interativo)|
|Former names||Esporte Interativo BR:|
TV Esporte Interativo (2007-2014)
Esporte Interativo (2014-2017)
Esporte Interativo Nordeste (2014-2015)
EI Maxx (2015-2017)
Esporte Interativo 2:
Esporte Interativo Max (2015)
EI Maxx 2 (2015-2017)
|TNT Sports Go||Watch live|
Esporte Interativo started as a television channel, inaugurated on January 20, 2007 with the live broadcast of a Premier League match between Chelsea and Liverpool. From 2015, it became part of Turner Broadcasting System Latin America. Turner announced in 2018 the discontinuation of all EI channels in Brazil. Part of the programming, such as the exhibition of national and international football championships, started to be shown on the Brazilian versions of TNT and Space channels. With the standardization of Turner's sports channels in Latin America, it started to use the TNT Sports brand as of 2021.
Partnership with RedeTV! and Rede Bandeirantes
The plan of the Esporte Interativo channel started in 2004, when the marketing agency TopSports launch the brand Esporte Interativo and established a partnership with the TV network RedeTV! to broadcast sports events like English Premier League, UEFA Champions League and NBA. In September 2004, after fights between TopSports and RedeTV!, the partnership was broken. Esporte Interativo took their events to Rede Bandeirantes, in three years of partnership it broadcast events like UEFA Champions League, La Liga, English Premier League and Lega Calcio.
Own channel and growth
On January 20, 2007 the Esporte Interativo channel started to broadcast free-to-air on satellite Star One C2, on the frequency 980 MHz vertical, replacing Amazon Sat. On June 10, 2010 the Esporte Interativo channel started to broadcast in São Paulo, channel 36 UHF, and was created the Rede Esporte Interativo, to debut the network an interview with Brazilian president, Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva, was aired. In 2011 the network renewed the broadcast rights for the UEFA Champions League, and gained the broadcast rights for UEFA Super Cup and UEFA Europa League. To celebrate the 5th birthday of the channel, was opened a new studio in São Paulo.
In July 2012, Esporte Interativo launched their new SVOD multiplatform product EI Plus in partnership with Log On, and in October, closed a partnership with Yahoo! Brasil and they launched a new sports website, the Yahoo! Esporte Interativo.
In August was announced a new channel of the network, the Esporte Interativo Nordeste, a regional sports network dedicated for the sports from Brazilian northeast, and the acquisition of six state's championships of the region.
Full purchase by Turner and third channel
In early 2015, Turner Broadcasting Company, the television arm of Time Warner, has closed a total purchase of Esporte Interativo, acquiring the part that was owned by Top Sports, Edgar Diniz marketing agency.
From January 26, 2015, when the contract was signed, Turner started to control the entire channel. The programmer provides high investments and a new time in EI, particularly in the technical apparatus. 2015 also saw the debut of a new channel, EI Max. Soon after, EI Nordeste was renamed EI Maxx and EI Max became EI Maxx 2.
As of July 1, 2017, EI Maxx was renamed Esporte Interativo and EI Maxx 2 was renamed Esporte Interativo 2. As a result, the free-to-air channel was renamed Esporte Interativo BR. In addition to the nomenclature change, the three channels also get a new graphic project.
End of the EI channels, moving to TNT and Space
On August 9, 2018, the channel announced on its Facebook page the deactivation of all of their TV channels in 40 days and moving all of their sports events to TNT and Space channels in Brazil, on their social media and on the over-the-top service EI Plus.
TNT Sports (Brasil)
On January 8, 2021, WarnerMedia, the parent company of Turner, announced the replacement of the Esporte Interativo brand by TNT Sports, a name that had been used since 2017 by a sports channel of the conglomerate in Argentina, and which would now serve for pan-regional standardization in Latin America. The new brand was officially adopted at midnight on January 17 across all of the group's social media, including EI Plus, which is now renamed TNT Sports Stadium. On television, the TNT Sports brand officially debuted during the match between Internazionale x Juventus, valid for the Serie A.
- Campeonato Brasileiro Série A (select teams)
- UEFA Champions League
- UEFA Super Cup
- UEFA Nations League
- UEFA Euro 2020 qualifying
- 2022 FIFA World Cup qualification (UEFA)
- Caderno de Esportes
- Jogando em Casa
- Conexão EI
- Melhor Futebol do Mundo
- Mais 90
- EI Games
- Liga Espetacular
- De Olho na Liga
- De Olho na Liga Europa
- Gillette no Mundo dos Esportes
- Melhor da Liga
- Liga Retrô
- Melhor da Rodada
- Fim de Papo
- Mobil 1: The Grid
- Resenha Esporte Clube
- No Ar com André Henning
- Extreme Salling
- Mundo da Bola
- Noite dos Craques
- VS Ranking
- Polêmicas Vazias
- De Sola
- Assoprando Cartuchos
- Chelsea TV
- Barça TV
- Bayern TV
- City TV
- 2007–08: Agora, muito mais emoção! (Now, much more excitement!)
- 2008, 2010: Aqui a emoção não para! (The excitement never stops!)
- 2009: Sem limite para a sua emoção! (No limit for your excitement!)
- 2009: Rio 2016, O Esporte Interativo apoia e você? (Rio 2016, The Esporte Interativo supports, and you?)
- 2010–12: Esporte Interativo, paixão ao alcance de todos! (Esporte Interativo, passion within everyone's reach!)
- 2012: Esporte Interativo, 5 anos torcendo junto com você. (Esporte Interativo, 5 years cheering along with you.)
- 2013: Esporte Interativo, nordestino de coração! (Esporte Interativo, from northeast by heart!)
- 2013: Copa do Nordeste: Esporte Interativo, o nordeste merece. (Esporte Interativo, the northeast deserves it.)
- 2013–15: Esporte Interativo, emoção que o Brasil merece. (Esporte Interativo, the emotion Brasil deserves.)
- 2015–17: Esporte Interativo, aqui é com emoção de verdade. (Esporte Interativo, here is with real emotion)
- 2017–18: Esporte Interativo, movido por sonhos. (Esporte Interativo, moved by dreams)
- Papo de Bola - Cinco anos da TV Esporte Interativo Archived 2012-01-23 at the Wayback Machine
- Blog da Diretoria - Atenção vai começar a Rede Esporte Interativo de Televisão. Archived 2013-04-30 at the Wayback Machine
- UEFA Remaining media rights deals for UEFA Champions League 2012-15 announced in Brazil
- UEFA - Media rights deals for 2012-15 UEFA Europa League awarded in Brazil
- Blog da Diretoria - Esporte Interativo faz 5 anos e estreia estúdio em São Paulo Archived 2012-01-26 at the Wayback Machine
- Radar On-Line - Capital estrangeiro
- Blog #oNordesteMerece - Vem aí o Esporte Interativo Nordeste
- Na Telinha - Turner compra totalidade do canal Esporte Interativo; veja detalhes.
- "Esporte Interativo muda nome de seus canais fechados; EI MAXX chega a nove operadoras". www.esporteemidia.com (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2015-08-18.
- "Turner muda nome dos canais EI Maxx". www.esporteemidia.com (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2020-08-14.
- "Esporte Interativo". www.facebook.com (in Portuguese). Retrieved 2018-08-09.
- Mattos, Rodrigo (January 8, 2021). "Warner faz mudanças e troca marca Esporte Interativo por TNT Sports". UOL. Retrieved January 12, 2021.
- "TNT Sports vai estrear nova marca que substitui o Esporte Interativo; veja". UOL. January 16, 2021. Retrieved January 16, 2021.
- "ELeague será transmitido pelo Esporte Interativo e terá campeonatos de Street Fighter V". IGN Brasil (in Portuguese). 23 March 2017.
- Official website(in Portuguese)