Espumoso is a municipality in the state of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil. It belongs to the mesoregion "Nordeste Rio Grandense" and the microregion of "Cruz Alta" along with another 13 municipalities (Alto Alegre, Boa Vista do Cadeado, Boa Vista do Incra, Campos Borges, Cruz Alta, Fortaleza dos Valos, Ibirubá, Jacuizinho, Joia, Quinze de Novembro, Saldanha Marinho, Salto do Jacuí and Santa Bárbara do Sul. The estimated population in 2015 is 15,809 inhabitants, and its total area corresponds to 783.065 square kilometers.
Since 2013, the municipality has been administered by the mayor Derly Helder (12.12.1944) from the Progressive Party (PP). The municipal assembly members elected in 2012 for the period of 2013-2016 were João Roberto Rotta Vogel (PP), Altieris dos Santos (Democratic Labour Party - PDT), Jorge Ranzi (PDT), Leoberto Comin (PP), Sonia Maria Cambrussi Dolci (PP), Vagner Cassiano dos Santos (PDT), Luiz Marchese (PDT), Odil Diogo Missio (PP) and Jadir Jose de Oliveira (PP). The municipal political scene has been occupied by two political parties along the recent history, PP and PDT, even though there have been other minor political forces in the city. Curiously enough, both political parties are at the allied basis of the Federal Government, headed by the Worker´s Party (PT).
- "List of municipalities in Rio Grande do Sul".
- IBGE. Diretoria de Pesquisas - DPE - Coordenação de População e Indicadores Socias - COPIS.
- "Derly Helder - Prefeito". Retrieved 2015-10-01.
- "Vereadores Espumoso - RS". Retrieved 2015-10-04.
- 3, Editora. "Dilma terá base menor e precisará lidar com mais partidos na Câmara - ISTOÉ DINHEIRO". www.istoedinheiro.com.br. Retrieved 2015-10-04.
|This geographical article relating to Rio Grande do Sul is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|