Esquimalt High School
|Esquimalt High School|
|847 Colville Rd.
Victoria, British Columbia, V9A 4N9
|School type||Public, high school|
|Motto||Esse Quam Videri
(Be True To Yourself)
|Established||24 August 1915|
|School board||School District 61 Greater Victoria|
|Vice Principals||Liz McMaster, Emily Kirzinger|
École Secondaire Esquimalt High School (or "EHS") is a high school located in Esquimalt, a township located west of Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. EHS is operated by the Greater Victoria School District. It is the designated secondary school for Shoreline and Rockheights Middle Schools and serves students from Esquimalt, View Royal, and the Victoria neighbourhoods of Vic West and Craigflower. The school is one of three to retain "High School" in its name when the Province of B.C. directed the change to "Secondary School".
In addition to standard core curriculum programs, the following are offered:
- Career Preparation Programs in Jazz, Media & Graphic Arts, Automotive Technology and Food Industry Training
- Culinary Arts
- 4C Challenge Gifted Education (commitment to tasks; creative problem solving; challenging curriculum and assignments; and community involvement)
- Dramatic Arts
- Fine Arts
- Concert Band
- Jr. Jazz Ensemble
- Sr. Jazz Ensemble
- Concert Choir
- Vocal Ensemble
- Rhythm and Blues Band
- First Nations Education
- French Immersion
- Musical Theatre
- Technology Education (woodworking, metalworking, electronics, automotive technology)
- Victoria International High School Programs
The Curling Academy focuses on developing a blend of skills including academic excellence, leadership development, and curling skills. The program accepts students from all levels of curling proficiency, including wheelchair curlers.
The University of Victoria operates a weather station at EHS as part of its School-Based Weather Station Network which gathers data from schools around Greater Victoria for its Climate Modelling Group of the School of Earth and Ocean Science. The data is collected at the university and used to provide meteorological forecasts online.
- Meg Tilly, actress, Broadway stage dancer, writer, and Academy Award nominee (attended in Grade 12, graduated Chief Sealth High School)
- "School Enrollment Numbers". School District 61 Greater Victoria. Retrieved March 3, 2017.
- School District catchment map, retrieved online 2011-04-28
- School District website, retrieved online 2011-04-28
- UVic School-Based Weather Station Network, retrieved online 2011-04-11
- Sierra Club BC, retrieved online 2011-04-28
- Article with school yearbook photographs, retrieved online 2011-04-27