|Full name||Essaïd Belkalem|
|Date of birth||1 January 1989|
|Place of birth||Mekla, Algeria|
|Height||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|2013–2014||→ Watford (loan)||8||(0)|
|2014–2015||→ Trabzonspor (loan)||16||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20:00, April 2, 2017 (EST).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 20:00, April 2, 2017 (EST)
In 2008, Belkalem was promoted to the JS Kabylie senior team from the club's junior ranks.
In the 2009–2010 season, Belkalem made 20 appearances, scoring 1 goal.
In February 2013, with his contract expiring in June, Belkalem said that he would be leaving JS Kabylie at the end of the season to join a European club.
Belkalem signed for Championship club Watford on a season-long loan on 12 August 2013.  He will wear the number 5 shirt. He made his debut for Watford in their 2–0 League Cup victory over Bournemouth on 28 August 2013, playing the full 90 minutes. His league debut came in a 1–1 draw at home to Charlton Athletic on 14 September 2013.
Watford exercised the right to make Belkalem's move a permanent one following the expiry of his loan, joining on an undisclosed deal in June 2014.
On 10 August 2016, Belkalem was released from his contract at Watford, after playing 10 times in 3 years. 
After moving to Watford on a permanent basis in the summer of 2014, Belkalem made the move to Turkish Süper Lig side Trabzonspor on a season-long loan deal linking up with former Algeria coach Vahid Halilhodžić. Played 16 league, 8 Europa League games, scoring 3 goals, Belkalem finailzed his loan spell at Tranbzonspor on 2 June 2015.
In 2007, Belkalem was called up to the Algerian U20 National Team for the first edition of the Mediterranean Trophy held in Sicily, Italy. In 2008, he started in a 2009 African Youth Championship qualifier against Mauritania.
On 12 May 2012, Belkalem was called up for the first time to the Algeria national team for the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers against Mali and Rwanda, and the return leg of the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Gambia. On 9 September, he made his debut for the team as a starter in the first leg of the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations second round qualifier against Libya. Belkalem played the entire match as Algeria went on to win 1–0.
On 31 May 2014, Belkalem played an International Friendly, he scored his first international goal, he scored the first goal of the match between his team Algeria against Armenia and Algeria won the match by score of 3–1.
Belkalem was later included in Algeria's squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup, helping them to the Round of 16 for the first time ever.
- "Premier League Player Profile Essaïd Belkalem". Barclays Premier League. 2016. Retrieved 7 February 2016.
- Algeria – Essaid Belkalem – Profile
- http://www.footafrica365.fr/coupes/ligue-des-champions-caf/article_435615_LDC-Ismaily-JS-Kabylie-0-1.shtml LDC : Ismaily-JS Kabylie (0–1)
- Walid Z. (5 February 2013). "Belkalem: «C'est ma dernière saison en Algérie»" (in French). DZfoot. Retrieved 22 June 2013.
- "Essaid Belkalem: Watford sign Granada defender on loan". BBC Sport. 12 August 2013. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- "Belkalem gitti!". NTV Spor (in Turkish). 2 June 2015. Retrieved 2 June 2015.
- EN U18 : 20 joueurs sélectionnés
- Algérie (U19) 0–0 Mauritanie (U19)
- EN Espoir : Les Verts en regroupement à Alger
- Entretien de Belkalem : «Content d’integrer l’équipe A’»
- "La liste des 29 pour les matchs de la fin de saison" (in French). DZFoot. 12 May 2012. Retrieved 14 May 2012.
- "Libye 0–1 Algérie". DZFoot. 9 September 2012. Retrieved 9 September 2012.
- Espoir DZfoot 2009 : Hachoud n'a pas fini d'étonner