This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Essar Oil Ltd.|
|Headquarters||5th Floor, Jet Airways Godrej BKC, Plot No. C-68, G Block, Bandra Kurla Complex, |
|Owners||Rosneft (49.13%) Trafigura Group and United Capital Partners (49.13%)|
Nayara (pronounced na-yaa-raa -ˈnæ.ˈjɑː rə) (listen) Energy (formerly Essar Oil Limited) Limited is a privately-held downstream oil company based in Mumbai, India, that encompasses refining, marketing, production and a network of over 5,000 retail fuel outlets in India. The company is chaired by Charles Anthony Fountain; B. Anand is CEO. In 2017 Essar Oil was acquired by Rosneft and an investment consortium led by Trafigura & UCP Investment Group.
It was a publicly traded company (NSE: ESSAROIL and BSE: 500134) until it was taken private in a leveraged buyout which closed on December 30, 2015. It was delisted valued at ₹380 billion (US$5.3 billion).
In August 2017, Rosneft along with an investment consortium comprising global commodity trading firm Trafigura and Russia's investment fund United Capital Partners bought a 49.13% stake in Essar Oil for $12.9 billion. In 2018 they renamed the company to Nayara Energy, from the Hindi word naya (new) and the English word era.
- "Contact us". www.nayaraenergy.com. Retrieved 30 January 2019.
- "Nayara Energy Leadership".
- "Essar May Rise After Report That Shell May Acquire 10% Stake". Bloomberg. 23 November 2009.
- "Essar Oil delists in Rs 3,745 cr payout". The Hindu. 31 December 2015. Retrieved 31 December 2015.
- "Essar Oil completes delisting process with Rs 3,745-cr payout". The Indian Express. Retrieved 31 December 2015.