From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Mr.Ravi Ruia, Chairman
Dilip Oommen, CEO
|Revenue||₹153.40 billion (US$2.4 billion)|
|Total assets||₹477.88 billion (US$7.6 billion)|
|Total equity||₹71.035 billion (US$1.1 billion)|
|Subsidiaries||ESSAR Steel India Limited, Essar Steel Algoma, Essar Hypermart, Essar Steel Minnesota LLC.|
List of Steel Plants
- ESSAR Steel India Limited, a fully integrated steel mill in Hazira, of the Surat district in Gujarat state of southwestern India, with a steel-making capacity of 10 MTPA.
- Essar Steel Minnesota LLC, a company located in U.S. state of Minnesota. Essar is building a $1.7 billion U.S. plant taconite plant. According to Twincities.com, as of February 2014 it is $600 million short on financing, and is not paying its contractors, who have filed liens on the property. http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_25270272/1-7b-minnesota-taconite-development-still-sitting-partially
- Essar Steel Algoma in Canada.
- Greenfield projects in Vietnam.
- Steel plant in Indonesia.
- Integrated steel plant in Trinidad and Tobago. It has a current capacity of 8.6 million tonnes which they plan to raise to 14 mt by 2011-12.
- ESSAR Steel India Limited — Essar Steel in India.
- "Essar Group | Businesses | Steel | Contact us". Essar.com. 6 May 2010. Retrieved 1 December 2010.
- "Essar Steel Annual Report 2013-13" (PDF). Essar Steel. Retrieved 27 October 2013.
- "Essar Steel ties up funds for $1 billion US mining project". The Hindu Business Line. 18 September 2010. Retrieved 1 December 2010.
- www.essar.com: ESSAR Steel India Limited
- Saha, Sambit (18 September 2010). "The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Business | Essar Steel thinks global". Calcutta, India: Telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 1 December 2010.
- "Essar Steel merger complete". Business-standard.com. Retrieved 1 December 2010.
- Myers, John (3/4/2014). Twincities.com http://www.twincities.com/localnews/ci_25270272/1-7b-minnesota-taconite-development-still-sitting-partially. Retrieved 3/4/2014. Check date values in:
|date=, |accessdate=(help); Missing or empty