|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (February 2015)|
|Slogan||Live the THRILL|
|Location||Gorai, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Owner||Pan India Paryatan Pvt. Ltd|
|Area||64 acres (0.26 km2)|
The park is owned by Pan India Paryatan Pvt. Ltd. (PIPPL). EsselWorld along with its counterparts, Water Kingdom are stretched over 64 acres of land. Together, they are recognised as India’s Largest Amusement And Water Park as well as Asia’s Largest Theme Water Park.
EsselWorld is the largest amusement park in the country. It draws in an estimated 1.8 million visitors annually, of which approximately 300,000 are students.
Apart from the conventional features of a theme park such as rollercoasters and rides, EsselWorld is also host to Mumbai’s first ice skating rink, spanning 3400 square feet. The park maintains the rink’s temperature at a constant 4 degrees Celsius.
The dance floor is an added characteristic of the park that enables visitors to hold parties at the park. It enjoys colored lights, high definition audio, and a glass dance floor. To maintain it’s international demeanor the dance hall plays a fusion of Bollywood as well as Western music.
Additionally, the theme park also comprises a 6-lane bowling alley widely known as “Riki’s Rocking Alley”. The bowling alley consists of an in-built arcade as well as a restaurant, “Tandoori One”, which serves vegetarian Indian cuisine. Other culinary options across EsselWorld include Southern Treat - serving traditional South Indian delicacies, Domino’s Pizza, Taipan Chinese restaurant, Ohh! Mumbai - a taste of the local favorites, Happy Singh Da Dhaba – Punjabi cuisine, Petu’s and Mother Dairy desserts.
Scattered across the park are the faces of the Fab-5, otherwise known as EsselWorld and Water Kingdom’s mascots. The Fab-5 Bandwagon is an established merchandise store that provides visitors and customers the option to purchase low-priced souvenirs.
In 2010, EsselWorld launched a horror ride entitled “Monsters In The Mist”, inaugurated by popular host, actor and first-ever winner of reality TV series “Roadies”, Ranvijay, and the CEO of EsselWorld Shirish Deshpande. It was titled India's Scariest Ride.
The ride is a 6,000 square feet indoor dark ride, with a track and car system. It runs for a total of four minutes through a dark den filled with mist and fog amidst numerous thrills and adventures. The ride comprises more than 20 scenes, which are supported by state-of-the-art animatronics and hi-end audio. The ride was designed by renowned international dark attractions manufacturer “The Attraction Factory” established in Missouri, USA.
- "About Us". EsselGroup. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- "EsselWorld". MumbaiNet. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- "Family Rides". EsselGroup. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- "Adult Rides". EsselGroup. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- "Children's Rides". EsselGroup. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- "Ice Skating Rink". EsselGroup. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- "Dance Floor". EsselGroup. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- "Bowling Alley". EsselGroup. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- "Food Outlets". EsselGroup. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- "Shopping". EsselGroup. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- "EsselWorld gets India's scariest ride". EsselGroup. Retrieved 4 April 2013.
- Pictures of Essel World at flickr
- Official Web Page
- EsselWorld set World Record
- Essel World - Asia’s Largest Theme Water Park sets World Record