This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded at||Thrissur, Kerala, India|
|Legal status||Registered under The Travancore-Cochin Literary, Scientific and Charitable Societies Registration Act, 1955|
|Purpose||Promote Science and Humanism and work as per Article 51A(h) of constitution of India|
|Headquarters||Kochi, Kerala, India|
Membership (1 to 10)
|Aravind K |
|Mohammed Ashraf |
|Executive committee and Members General Body organization|
esSENSE Club is a club promoting atheism, science and humanism based in Kerala, India. Founded in 2016, the club emphasises propagating freethinking and rationalism among the Malayali community all over the world. esSENSE Club organises seminars, lectures and debates on most weeks of the year on topics related to atheism, science and politics. The club jointly organised a debate series named Samvadam along with Times of India and Inspirit IAS Academy at Thiruvanthapuram in April 2017. The annual fest of esSense named Essentia was conducted in October 2017 at Town Hall, Ernakulam. k
According to its website, "esSENSE aspires to be the premier rationalist platform in India. We bring together rationalist speakers, writers, thinkers, activists, supporters, and well-wishers, with the goal of promoting rationalism and freethinking in Kerala and in the larger global environment. Through our publications, e-magazines, seminars, online media, and other collaborative platforms, we will endeavor to develop rationalist thought, share ideas, expand our intellectual horizons, facilitate learning, and foster collaboration. We build a better tomorrow that embraces science and rationality, pursues freethinking and atheism, and elevates humanism and justice while resisting superstition, quackery, ignorance and hatred."
Apart from having units in all the districts of Kerala, esSense also has units in Bangalore, Melbourne, Sydney, Perth in Australia, United Kingdom and United States.
esSENSE Club Office bearers
- Aravind K, President
- Rajesh G S, Vice President
- Mohammed Ashraf, Secretary
- Manoj Raveendran, Joint Secretary
- Prashanth Randadath, Treasurer
- Geordie George, Executive Member
- Shahana, Executive Member
esSENSE Club Past Events
- esSENSE Times of India Debate – 4th April 2017 
- Judiciary silently implementing Uniform Civil Code: Sebastian Paul – 6th April 2017 
- Religiosity on the rise: Ravichandran 
- H.Farook Fund Handed Over – 19th April 2017 
- Monetary help to the family of Murdered Atheist H Farook,Coimbatore 
- esSENSE UK Formation 
- esSENSE Perth Australia 
- Islamist Fundamentalists Disrupt Science Show by Rationalists in Kerala
- essentia 18 Annual Meet Trivandrum - 18-19 October 2018, at VJT Hall 
- essentia 2019 - 2019 Sept 21 & 22 - Venue: Ernakulam Town Hall 
esSENSE Club suffered a vertical split when a overwhelming section of the office-bearers and members questioned attempt to create a personality cult around one of the orators of esSENSE Club.
The main faction alleged that
- The orator is fostering a fan club around his personality,
- The orator has stolen the esSENSE Club Official youtube channel,Thrissur Police has already filed an FIR on this case.
- President speaks https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqKSfs3o7Ug
- Office bearers https://essense.club/about-essense/
- "Mission of Essense".
- "esSENSE- Times of India Debate Series 2017".
- "esSENSE UK Formation".