Essential Drugs Company
The company was founded in 1962 as the Government Pharmaceuticals Laboratory under the national government of Pakistan. In 1979 the company was renamed to Pharmaceuticals Production Unit. Essential Drugs Company was established in 1983. It owns the Khulna Essential Latex Plant that manufactures latex condoms. The company started out initially as a procurement and distribution agency of the government. In order to save money, the company started to manufacture medical products. In August 2016, the company was asked by the government to produce and store water purifying tablets after flooding in Bangladesh.
- "Essential Drugs Company Ltd's human chain". The Daily Sun. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- "Essential Drugs Company Limited - EDCL". edcl.gov.bd. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- "'Mayor Miru is a fake freedom fighter'". Dhaka Tribune. 11 February 2017. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- "Bangladesh's health sector growth 'striking'". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- "Pharmaceutical sector enjoys double-digit growth since 2009". The worldfolio. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
- "60 dead in Bangladesh flooding, water-borne diseases spread as waters start receding". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 18 April 2017.
|This article about a Bangladeshi organisation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|