Essex Junction station
|Location||29 Railroad Avenue|
Essex Junction, Vermont
|Line(s)||New England Central Railroad|
|Platforms||1 side platform|
|Connections||Green Mountain Transit (GMT): Blue Line, Orange Line, Silver Loop|
|Rebuilt||October 21, 1958–August 11, 1959|
Essex Junction, also known as Essex Junction–Burlington, is an Amtrak train station in the village of Essex Junction, Vermont, United States. The station was originally built by the Central Vermont Railway in 1959. It serves Amtrak's Vermonter train, which runs from St. Albans, near the Canada–U.S. border and Washington, D.C. to the south. Prior to bridge trouble at Alburg north of St. Albans, train service continued to Montreal. Until the early 1960s, the Boston and Maine railroad operated Montreal to Boston service on The Ambassador through the station.
The station is the closest station to Vermont's most populous municipality, Burlington that is currently served by Amtrak, as Burlington Union Station has not served passenger trains since 1953. Burlington is about a 25-minute bus ride away from the station on Green Mountain Transit (GMT), the local bus system.
- "Old Depot Comes Down". The Burlington Free Press. August 26, 1959. p. 3. Retrieved July 2, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Ground Broken Today for New Essex Jct. Station". The Burlington Free Press. October 21, 1958. p. 2. Retrieved July 2, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- "First Ticket Sold in New CV Station in Essex Junction". The Burlington Free Press. August 12, 1959. p. 11. Retrieved July 2, 2019 – via Newspapers.com.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2018, State of Vermont" (PDF). Amtrak. June 2019. Retrieved December 28, 2019.
- Resource Systems Group Inc. (April 6, 2016). Final Scoping Report: Essex Junction Train Station Access and Circulation Study (PDF) (Report). Archived (PDF) from the original on June 6, 2018.CS1 maint: uses authors parameter (link)
Media related to Essex Junction station at Wikimedia Commons
- Essex Junction, VT – Amtrak
- Essex Junction-Burlington Amtrak Station (USA Rail Guide -- Train Web)
- Essex Junction, Vermont (ESX); Great American Stations (Amtrak)
|This Vermont train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|