Estádio António Coimbra da Mota
|Full name||Estádio António Coimbra da Mota|
|Field size||105 x 70 metres|
|Opened||1 January 1939|
Estadio António Coimbra da Mota is a multi-use stadium in Estoril, Portugal. It is currently used mostly for football matches and is the home stadium of Primeira Liga side G.D. Estoril Praia. The stadium has a capacity to hold 8,000 spectators. The stadium also plays host to Estoril's reserve team home games.
The stadium has also played host to matches of Portuguese youth team games most notably the Portuguese national under-21 football team, the most recent match being on 9 September 2011 in a Friendly match against the Slovakian national under-21 football team in a 1–1 draw.
On 15 January 2018 a crack appeared in the away stand during a match versus Porto, forcing its evacuation and abandonment of the game at half time.
The stadium has also played host to games involving the Portuguese national rugby union team, most recently being against the Ukraine in a 2006 European Nations Cup First Division match and against Uruguay in a 2007 Rugby World Cup repechage qualification match.
- "António Coimbra da Mota". ZeroZero (in Portuguese). 10 July 2012. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
- "Grupo Desportivo Estoril Praia [Reserve Squad]". ZeroZero. 11 July 2012. Retrieved 11 July 2012.
- "Suecos visitam Coimbra da Mota" [Swedes visit Coimbra da Mota]. Record (in Portuguese). 10 March 2004. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
- "Selecção Nacional - Sub-21 - Época 2011/2012" [National Selection - under-21 - Season 2011/12]. FPF (in Portuguese). 10 July 2012. Retrieved 10 July 2012.[permanent dead link]
- "Portugal 0-2 Cape Verde Islands". BBC Sport. 31 March 2015. Retrieved 31 March 2015.
- "Estoril v Porto abandoned after cracks appear in stadium". BBC Sport. 16 January 2018. Retrieved 17 January 2018.
- Estoril Praia Stadium view
- ZeroZero Stadium profile
- ForaDeJogo.net Stadium profile
- StadiumDB profile
|This article about a Portuguese sports venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|